Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grr...i Love My Dog, But.....

stingerjg

Somtimes she makes me so mad.

I finally got around to having some of those custom fitted ear plugs made at A3. (4days ago) Ive only had a chance to wear them as a RO and not as a shooter. I really liked the comfort and dB reduction. Now ill never get the chance.

Im currently workin on house training my 10 month old English Setter. It's going fairly well, but somtimes i need a break from the constant supervision. I end up putting her in the garage.

Well tonight she was out there and she found the new earplugs. It was the only thing she chewed. :angry: It was really hard not to yell and smack her on the butt. I didn't, but i still wanted to. Oh well just $40 down the drain :( . I hope i can find someplace to buy them again.

post-2283-1120726916_thumb.jpg

It sucks about your plugs. Your restraint with a puppy who seems unbelievably cute is admirable. You should post current pictures.

Call the person who made the plugs for you. Let them know what happened.

Worse case scenario, they will let you know where they will be next.

Best case scenario, in return for the great laugh, you might get replacement plugs. It's not often you can say, "My dog ate my earplugs." with a straight face.

L

It sucks about your plugs. Your restraint with a puppy who seems unbelievably cute is admirable. You should post current pictures.

Best case scenario, in return for the great laugh, you might get replacement plugs. It's not often you can say, "My dog ate my earplugs." with a straight face.

L

post-2283-1120729759_thumb.jpg

Stinger,

It's simple, it was clearly your fault.

What were you thinking leaving two chew toys right in front of a dog.

She was just showing you her lastest go at retreiving stuff, ok slightly more aggressive than you wanted.

Smile sweetly, pat her on the head, and lock the next pair in your range bag.

Which I suggest you find a nice lockable cupboard to put it in.

I did, for my second range bag. My Irish Setter fell in love with the first one, and gave it a big chewy kiss, more than once. Luckily it was empty, but stupidly placed.

:D

PS be thankful you were not wearing them. :lol:

What a cutie! At least she wasn't chewing on that cat...

[drift on]

Strange about some dogs and plastics. I had a female Dobie who adored chewing on anything plastic or plastic-like. She tore up half a dozen remote controls (one of them a very expensive unit that came with my sound system), speaker wire, 3 portable phones, numerous ink pens, handles on kitchen knives and screwdrivers, a few 3-1/2" diskettes, and one set of Hogue grips mounted on an S&W mod. 19!

[/drift]

Our youngest - 4 years old, now - had a penchant for picking out the most expensive things to chew, and a special taste for leather, upholstery, and wood trim... We figure she did a good $1200 worth of damage in her first 6 months, not to mention the emergency vet trip because she'd somehow swallowed a staple.

She's lucky she's so damn cute :) Now she just goes through Nylabones like they're going out of style....

Damn, what a cutie!

More thread drift...my friend CD's schnoodle likes chewing on...steel. Since CD has a rather large machine shop (and is old, retired, and dislikes cleaning), seeing Dog running around with a big coil of cut...steel...is pretty routine. You can't lay a box full of anything metal on the couch, unless you want to then go out to the dog run and retrieve said metal gizmos. And the TV remote, and CD's cell phone...

And this steel gnawing is pretty annoying if you happen to drop a small metal part when Dog is laying under the mill...

Alex

I lost a couple alarm clocks, a pair of dress shoes, and the elbow patch off my favorite sweater to puppydom.

Just remember, God made puppies cute for a reason. Otherwise, we'd kill them. ;)

Wow! They're cute!

You are such a nice doggie daddy to bring her chew toys! :o:P

Eric,

Butter wouldn't melt in Zuzu's mouth. She couldn't have done it. Just look at that face!

L

"What a cutie! At least she wasn't chewing on that cat..." :lol::lol::lol:

I would not trust that dog around my STI. Or my Glock for that matter. Pooch might just yet earn a reputation as a real "gun dog".

I think I got off fairly lucky with my lab. He's five now so I think/hope most of my problems are behind me and he's only really destroyed four things that I got a little steamed over.

The day after I got my new surround sound home theater system installed he developed a taste for "monster cable" and went through about three feet of it from the middle of the run.

Next on the menu was about a foot of exterior door casing when I locked him in the backyard shortly followed by one vinyl floor tile from the middle of the kitchen floor when I locked him in the kitchen. I think he has confinement issues.

The final item was a backyard hammock. In the summer he would sleep in the hammock in the afternoons so the breezes could hit him top and bottom but I came home from work one afternoon and found where he had apparently gotten stuck in the netting and had to eat his way to freedom through a four foot wide hole.

It's hard to take life too seriously when you have a dog in the family.

Thank goodness they are cute. Our little Beagle, Maggie, has had a problem with her house breaking. Sometimes I just want to take her out back and shoot her. If I was blind I would, but then again I'd probably miss right? Too damn cute, thing is I think she knows it to!

post-1541-1120789132_thumb.jpg

Stinger, I run a pointer too, but a GSP (Germain Shorthair Pointer). You did the right thing by not giving her the business after the offense.

You NEED to get her a large crate especially when she is that young. My wife just bought a new Lazy boy recliner. She was sitting in it and I was on the couch the dog was in the living room with us when he was a puppy. He was quiet and not bothering anyone. You guessed it - he was chewing on the wooden base of the chair. Shredded it pretty good right there with both of us there. I finally heard something crunching. I did give him the business because he was caught in the act, but after the fact there is no correlation to the issue at hand.

Get that dog outside and let her run. She looks great.

Rick