Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

As of right now, the track has it going over my home town about 2am on Monday morning. I expect 100+mph winds for about 6-8 hours.

Where are you now ?

Hope you in a safe place

These things are fickle.
Live on the East coast and was in the track a few days ago, and was reluctant to evacuate so early. House is storm strong and we are provisioned up, but still....having even a Cat 3 pass nearby can be kind of crazy and makes the family nervous. Did all the preps, watched the reports and now it looks like the West coast will get the brunt of the storm. A couple friends went to family in Tampa and are now driving back to the East coast to get back to their homes before they close the bridges. It's nuts.

Anyway, best of luck to everybody and stay away from downed powerlines, and crazy people. ;)

Still here. We're getting some rain and wind, but some is from the front coming in from Jacksonville, and some from Irma. Power has flickered a couple of times, but that's normal where I live. Hell, it's gone out for hours before on a bright and sunny day. 

Just now, GrumpyOne said:

You may get more wind and stuff than me. You're in tornado alley right now.

Yup and this is where I miss having a basement. My neighborhood is pretty good. Not a lot of space between the houses so it kind of acts like a buffer. Plus we are in one of the highest points in Pinellas county (49 ft above sea level).  

Grumpy asked me to post this...

If you get this, post in the Irma thread you started that we are ok, no damage to house or property, but no power and cell service has been going in and out, and we can't leave the house as there is a tree on powerlines blocking the road.

On 9/11/2017 at 11:44 PM, RaylanGivens said:

Survived Irma without damage to my house...  No power...  Said to be "several days" until power is restored...  

8 minutes ago, Bamboo said:

No damage to home, lost one small decorative tree everything else OK,  lots of duff in the yard but the oaks look cleaner.  Got power and water back around noon today. 

Missed the air conditioning.  ;)

Glad most is well with you guys. Here's hoping things get back to "normal" sooner rather than later.

15 hours ago, Sarge said:

Glad most is well with you guys. Here's hoping things get back to "normal" sooner rather than later.

Thanks, Sarge!

They're saying the power should be up in the entire county by midnight Friday...  That will be a week without power... Seems like forever...  Electrical power is one of the things you never think about until you don't have it.

54 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Thanks, Sarge!

They're saying the power should be up in the entire county by midnight Friday...  That will be a week without power... Seems like forever...  Electrical power is one of the things you never think about until you don't have it.

For sure! We had an outage in our area that lasted a few days. My house was on a different grid so we kept power. We must have had every outlet in the house charging phones, computers etc. We just left the garage open and let people plug their stuff into the outlets out there. I know that's trivial by comparison but we almost can't function without power these days!