Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom barrel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello: I am not sure how well the timer is going to pick up the sound? I think it would be great for a steel match but not sure about a USPSA pistol match? I give credit to Tim for coming up with new ideas and trying new things. Lots of setups out there, you just have to find what works best for you. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I am not sure how well the timer is going to pick up the sound? I think it would be great for a steel match but not sure about a USPSA pistol match? I give credit to Tim for coming up with new ideas and trying new things. Lots of setups out there, you just have to find what works best for you. Thanks, Eric

Never thought about that but most ROs are putting the clock by my bolt as mine is super quiet also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they were getting blast or ejecta going through the  previous "holy" version's barrel extension and through skeltonized handguards.  The new version looks like it would contain the blast and ejecta better.   They do recommend that you use their composite handguard which is solid. 

Over the weekend I ordered a two port pcc comp, and seriously contemplated getting one of their barrels....but, have been happy with my 16" barrels.

When I first saw the original ventilated barrel shroud version I kind of thought that it looked like the inner tube of a cherry bomb or glasspack muffler.  :rolleyes:

I like the idea of a super light barrel.  But... I'm *really* iffy on the idea of the bullet leaving the rifling 10" behind my handhold.  Like, I know it should be fine, but there's always a "but" there.

On 6/3/2017 at 5:20 PM, mahamoti said:

I like the idea of a super light barrel.  But... I'm *really* iffy on the idea of the bullet leaving the rifling 10" behind my handhold.  Like, I know it should be fine, but there's always a "but" there.

No.....it leaves the barrel in front of your hand hold.

13 hours ago, mahamoti said:

I get it; people do it all the time with silencers.  I'm just not signing up to be one of those people.

That's OK.......but it is as safe as any 16" barrel. On the other hand.....no, it is NOT like a silencer set up.......no baffles to potentially strike.

I used the new barrel in a match this weekend. It was 6stages ~43 rds per stage.. everyone commented on how it was louder than the other pcc's. Loved the swing weight and it's accurate..

Guys tried after the match and were impressed. 

1 hour ago, Doublek said:

I used the new barrel in a match this weekend. It was 6stages ~43 rds per stage.. everyone commented on how it was louder than the other pcc's. Loved the swing weight and it's accurate..

Guys tried after the match and were impressed. 

Do you mind sharing your load data. I ended up ordering the ULW barrel and handguard today. I was going to go with another BA barrel but the weight savings is significant. Thanks for sharing your results with the ULW barrel ??

How is dot tracking? What are your splits like? 

I get that it is light, I just wonder if give up some split speed. The only reason leograndis ran something similar was that they welded the tube after the compensator. 

10 hours ago, MHitchcock said:

How is dot tracking? What are your splits like? 

I get that it is light, I just wonder if give up some split speed. The only reason leograndis ran something similar was that they welded the tube after the compensator. 

If you are wondering about splits.......don't; you give up nothing. Recoil is light and fast.....the sight comes back to target immediately. 

This is a video on the TACCOM FB page.....couple things, the first 3 targets he is shooting at are at 10 to 13 yards and pay note to the death star.....he shoots it fast enough so that it does not move.

Here it is, video of my son shooting the ULW barrel with our CF Hand Guard and the Adjustable recoil system, here is the link: 

Edited by TRUBL

Since it was a match i didnt as the ro what splits were.. they weren't much different that what i shoot with my open gun.. I placed about where I normally do match wise, on 2 stages i had failure to feed so that slows you down having to pull the mag..

i use coated 124 3.4 titegroup.. i will be trying different loads.. didnt have much time before this match

Edited by Doublek
23 hours ago, TRUBL said:

If you are wondering about splits.......don't; you give up nothing. Recoil is light and fast.....the sight comes back to target immediately. 

This is a video on the TACCOM FB page.....couple things, the first 3 targets he is shooting at are at 10 to 13 yards and pay note to the death star.....he shoots it fast enough so that it does not move.

Here it is, video of my son shooting the ULW barrel with our CF Hand Guard and the Adjustable recoil system, here is the link: 

What ammo are you running in this video? And what's the approximate power factor? Thanks!

36 minutes ago, MHitchcock said:

What ammo are you running in this video? And what's the approximate power factor? Thanks!

That was factory Blazer brass 124grain ammo........133PF. As a rule, I've always thought that the 124 shoots nicer, but I am going to try 147 lawman sub-sonic ammo this next week to see if there is any difference.

30 minutes ago, MikeRush said:

I received my new Taccom ULW barrel tonight and installed it. The weight and balance is amazing! I will finish installing the handguard and shoot a match with it Saturday, then report back. 

Thanks Mike, mine should be here Friday .i look forward to hearing your thoughts ??

• 2 weeks later...

Any other feedback on this topic?  Considering buying the whole upper. Is the buffer system a substantial tuning aid?

i can't help but wonder. If it takes less powder to make PF with a standard barrel, how is it using more powder with the shroud could produce less felt recoil?

On 6/7/2017 at 8:13 AM, TRUBL said:

That was factory Blazer brass 124grain ammo........133PF. As a rule, I've always thought that the 124 shoots nicer, but I am going to try 147 lawman sub-sonic ammo this next week to see if there is any difference.

I shot the lawman sub sonic ammo last week at a local match, no idea what the FPS or PF was........to me, it seemed very sluggish compared to the 124 blazer brass, so i'll stick to that ammo from now on. Been getting reports back however, that factory 115's are doing well too!