Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ran into an issue tonight with my .40 The trigger pull was consistently changing and would get increasingly difficult to pull after the first round out of a mag. I would put a mag in and chamber a round, the first pull was normal then everything after was very heavy.

Any ideas?

If you are asking about the frame mount holes, TSO and CM have the same location and 14.6mm hole spacing but Tanfoglio has 10mm spacing and is further forward towards dustcover.
Aw man, yes I was asking about the frame holes for thumbrest because I was thinking of ordering the DAA adjustable thumbrest with 3 holes

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Inkw8ll said:

Aw man, yes I was asking about the frame holes for thumbrest because I was thinking of ordering the DAA adjustable thumbrest with 3 holes

Order the DAA thumb rest with the Cmore mounting holes. The a more pattern mounting holes have the same spacing like the TSO/cm. 

Order the DAA thumb rest with the Cmore mounting holes. The a more pattern mounting holes have the same spacing like the TSO/cm. 
DAA I'd saying the Tan and C More are the same hole patterns so that might work. When my factory thumbrest options come in from CZ I will make the decision to pursue it. I'm hoping the new CZ thumbrest does the trick

5 minutes ago, Inkw8ll said:

DAA I'd saying the Tan and C More are the same hole patterns so that might work. When my factory thumbrest options come in from CZ I will make the decision to pursue it. I'm hoping the new CZ thumbrest does the trick

Which thumb rest did you order? By the way, did you receive the screws?

Which thumb rest did you order? By the way, did you receive the screws?
I didn't receive the screws yet, they may have been delivered but I've been out of the office.

I ordered the other factory options they had, it was like 3 other factory options. About $45 a piece and I felt like experimenting. I will make sure to post them in this thread

6 minutes ago, Inkw8ll said:

I didn't receive the screws yet, they may have been delivered but I've been out of the office.

I ordered the other factory options they had, it was like 3 other factory options. About $45 a piece and I felt like experimenting. I will make sure to post them in this thread

I see.

I experimented with the thumb rest too. In fact, I just bought an Alpha Reflex thumb rest from the classifieds. The pad is significantly wider than the stock TSO thumb rest so I can’t use it with my RHT holster. The other thumb rest  I have is a go gun rest and it’s even larger and wider. These two can only be used with a race holster.

The stock TSO thumbrest pad is very small compared to this two. I already cut the go gun rest and drilled new holes on the pad itself for mounting.

Edit.

just checked the tracking number and says it’s been delivered to your mailbox. Let me know if it’ll work for you. Good luck on your thumb rest experimentation.

Edited by George16

I got option 2 and the slide stop interferes with it and the screw are a little long. Were these intended to be used on an optics mount or should it screw right on to my TSO?

I didn't get my thumbrest kn from CZ yet if that's what you're asking?

I got option 2 and the slide stop interferes with it and the screw are a little long. Were these intended to be used on an optics mount or should it screw right on to my TSO?

I am interested in the 3 other factory thumb rests. Please let us know how you like them.

I find the one that came with the TSO to be OK. I like the position and the angle, but wish it was wider.

So, mounting the thumb rest on top of an optic mount will make it a bit wider.

If someone finds a thumbrest that is a drop-in replacement for the TSO factory thumb rest, and puts the rest farther forward on the gun, please tag me. I find the factory one too close to the back of the gun for my long thumbs.

20 minutes ago, adamge said:

If someone finds a thumbrest that is a drop-in replacement for the TSO factory thumb rest, and puts the rest farther forward on the gun, please tag me. I find the factory one too close to the back of the gun for my long thumbs.

Agreed 100%.

1 hour ago, adamge said:

IPSC Alex thumb rest is wider and a little further forward.

That's pretty much what I want to go with, but fit in factory location without an optic mount. I do have the mount and the CZ options are on there way. I expect them by weeks end

On 5/21/2018 at 1:18 PM, asimonp79 said:

Hello to you guru guys and girls

Quick question- What are the spare parts that come inside the CZ TS orange box?

Cleaning rod

oil

what else?

I am asking for a friend 

Thank you kindly 

Should have:

extra spring of various weights for hammer and recoil

Extra thick and thin shock buffers

useless mag loader

extra extractor

several slide pins (to replace slide release if you wish to not run one)

wrenches

Might be missing something.

2 minutes ago, stuey93 said:

Getting ready to change the extractor and spring on my TSO. Looks to be staked, any advice for a first timer. Picked up a new pin and spring from my buddies over at CGW.

The pin comes out pretty easily.  The replacement and reassembly is straight forward.

Just now, stuey93 said:

Thanks, tap it out through top back in from top?

I believe the bottom is flush with the underside of the slide (don't have mine in front of me) and that's where it is staked.  So yes, tap it out from top to bottom