Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I modified the thumbrest to work with the slide release and it needs a little more shaving to allow the mechanical slide lock to work, but something even more interesting popped up. The thumbrest is thinner than stock and even though it shipped with torx screws that are the same length as stock, they do not work. They are too long for the thinner thumbrest inferring with the slides operation.

Pictured are the same screws on slant and factory installed thumbrest for reference. About an 1/8th of an inch.

Hope someone benefits from my discoveries. And the pins do work just fine even though I mentioned they appeared short in a previous post. What was stopping the slide was the screws. I will edit that post to reflect this.20dd8705ea0da715e19da1b0166e8525.jpg59c9a12cfff18e6da24a97eb404463a1.jpgd4d415efe6ab268c6e4b98a719cae353.jpg41894960189e2e2eaab65c2a87212860.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Has anyone made something to “cap” or fill the other hole left vacant by the other pin on the traditional slide stop. Not digging the open hole[emoji52]

I haven't replaced the ss with the pin, but if I did, with my OCD, I think I would have to make a cover for that hole. Some things bother me, others, not so much.

I will probably make the cover just in case I EVER use the pin. I'll be ready...

52 minutes ago, NCShadow2 said:

I installed the Grams #11 in my TSO 40 with the 140 CZC baseplates and can only get 20 in there and actually go into the magazine?  Should I take out the CZC spacer?

That' is what I get (20) in my TSO .40 mags with grams guts and CZC base pads 

I haven't replaced the ss with the pin, but if I did, with my OCD, I think I would have to make a cover for that hole. Some things bother me, others, not so much.  
I will probably make the cover just in case I EVER use the pin. I'll be ready...

Let me know brotha share a pic right there with ya[emoji106]

8 hours ago, muncie21 said:

That' is what I get (20) in my TSO .40 mags with grams guts and CZC base pads 

To get 17 +3 rounds .40 in TSO, what exactly do I order?  Is it the following? 

1. CZC 140mm base pad SKU 10072(silver) and 10090(black)

2. Grams Spring/Follower Kit CZ Tactical Sport / Czechmate 13 Coils (not 11 coils).

With the above combination, would I still get slide locked back on last round?  Would it fit stock TSO magwell without any mod? 

I can't seem to find a store where I can order both together. Do you know any? 

And, ditto all the same questions for 9mm to get 20 +3 or 4 rounds,  Do I order the exact same things above (do they work on both 9mm and .40 mags)?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Greengun
wording

To get 17 +3 rounds .40 in TSO, what exactly do I order?  Is it the following? 
1. CZC 140mm base pad SKU 10072(silver) and 10090(black)
2. Grams Spring/Follower Kit CZ Tactical Sport / Czechmate 13 Coils (not 11 coils).

With the above combination, would I still get slide locked back on last round?  Would it fit stock TSO magwell without any mod? 
I can't seem to find a store where I can order both together. Do you know any? 

And, ditto all the same questions for 9mm to get 20 +3 or 4 rounds,  Do I order the exact same things above (do they work on both 9mm and .40 mags)?

Thanks in advance. 
I went with Springer precision 140mm and gram springs. But I also shoot 9mm

5 hours ago, NCShadow2 said:

what can I do to get the slide to lock back on last round????  Grams #11 and CZC 140 baseplates.  Driving me crazy

My setup locks back about 80% of the time. However shooting limited you should not be running your gun dry very often. 

Just an update on my quest to a "factory" thumbrest and my solution to a more comfortable grip for my hand size. I made a mock up space so I didn't have to file down the factory screws that were too long. I did this because the thumbrest interferes with the slide stop and instead of taking more material off the rear of the thumbrest. I do understand I could use the supplies pins and they do work, but it created 2 issues for me: 1 the hole left open and 2 the slide not locking back. Of course it gives me extra work to take the gun down, but it's not something that will drive me nuts.

Any suggestion on what I should make the final spacers with, I just eyed a post it note on my desk while I went to clean the gun and said eff it.09f302863857e3f382f7c36868a7b60f.jpg36394d1320b3344d14c03b3fe8d3d99a.jpg

I get 17+3 with the 11 Grams using CZC 140 baseplates.  Still tuning to try and get slide to lock back. 

Wouldn’t Grams 13 coil offer more spring power, which is a good thing for extended magazines, than 11 coil?

21 minutes ago, Greengun said:

Wouldn’t Grams 13 coil offer more spring power, which is a good thing for extended magazines, than 11 coil?

No, it would take up too much space in the mag body and prevent the last round from fitting. It might also cause too much pressure inside and therefore make it harder for the slide to strip the top round out of the mag and into the chamber.

However, seeing as mag springs are the same price whether you buy 13 coil or 11 coil, plenty of people buy the 13s and then just trim to fit through trial and error.  Just snip off a little bit at a time using a set of diagonal cutters. And remember, trim the spring from the BOTTOM.

No, it would take up too much space in the mag body and prevent the last round from fitting.

I am curious what’s causing the slide not to lock back on last round. Should we keep using the stock mag follower? (CZC base pad and Grams spring with oem follower)