Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme Trigger.

B_RAD

You're talking about the less curved xtreme trigger correct? I have one on my stock 2 and love it. I have long fingers and it makes the trigger break farther forward. DA is longer reach but it's not an issue with me.

I have one in my Stock II. I like the feel of it, and it feels smoother for some reason than the stock one, but my trigger pull weights have always been a tiny bit heavier than others, and I wonder if something about the geometry of the trigger is upping my pull weight by about a quarter of a pound. ...May be all in my head though.

I have one in my Lim Pro.
Have XXL hands so the DA reach is a non issue.
Stops farther for SA as well... a significant benefit for me.

My SA pull is VERY low compared to my DA pull (#6-6.25 DA #2-2.25 SA #14 Wolf spring with 3 preload washers (simulating #15 spring))

I think the xtreme trigger has a much better shape, I did not have issues reaching the other trigger.  The curved trigger was equally as smooth to pull in my opinion.  On the other hand every other gun I shoot has a flat SA trigger so it is easier to transition back and forth for me.

Did it make the reset shorter?

The overtravel screw helps with reset in that part of reset is getting back from overtravel.

I like the straighter curve as I think it makes it slightly less sensitive to torque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Does the overtravel screw live up inside the frame? It doesn't have an "in the trigger" overtravel screw like the factory one does.

It's just closers to the frame, higher up on the trigger. 

13 hours ago, IronArcher said:

540123061d327297e5ad753fbe76b734.png

This is where the stock trigger stopped

This is why i removed the factory OT screw completely. The gain is non-existent and bad things can happen easily if it's too close to the edge.

Just gotta make sure your sear clears the half-cock notch in the hammer by a few thousandths.

I have my gun's overtravel screw in - because it took nearly 1/16" out of the trigger pull. But I prefer to find the "limit of function" then back off a full 3/4 turn to ensure there is plenty of clearance.

Edited by MemphisMechanic