Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bar Sto Pistols?

fishnfst

Anyone hear anything about bar sto coming out with a double stack pistol???

I was perusing another forum and found a post stating that bar sto was going to be coming out with a double stack 1911 pistol that would be submitted for CA approval???

Any and all info would be much appreciated....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bar Sto Precision is in the final stages of producing a double column 1911 based pistol in house. And yes, it will be going to California DOJ for approval for sale in California. We hope to submit it for testing the middle of next month, making it available in California probably in July.

The first model that will be available in California will be a long, wide dust cover chambered in 40 S&W. Hopefully an IDPA legal version will be available shortly after that.

They are currently available in all calibers and configuations in the unrestricted states..............

Guest Larry Cazes

Great news! Will they by any chance work with our existing STI/SV mags? That would create a huge market for those that have grandfathered pre ban hicap mags :D

Yes they will work with existing SVI/STI mags. They are basicially a STI clone manufactured under a lic agreement with STI.

The standard model will be a 5" slide, long wide dust cover, Bar Sto Match target barrel, Bomar sights, ambi safeties, FLGR, magwell, C&S hamer/sear set, etc, etc, etc.........

Guest Larry Cazes
Yes they will work with existing SVI/STI mags. They are basicially a STI clone manufactured under a lic agreement with STI.

The standard model will be a 5" slide, long wide dust cover, Bar Sto Match target barrel, Bomar sights, ambi safeties, FLGR, magwell, C&S hamer/sear set, etc, etc, etc.........

Excellent. Ill call in for details. :D

First rule of new business is that you need to do it cheaper. better, or faster than your competition. At $2100 it isn't cheaper...and better than Dawson or Bedell or Brazos is hard to believe. Faster????

In California, it's all of the above.

:):):):):):):):):) I can't wait..... After STI pulled their CA edge out of CA it left all of us californians high and dry.... $2100 is a lot of aluminum cans I am going to have to collect. I think the last time I looked at a CA approved SVI they were around $2500 so it is cheaper..... Better I don't know about I'm sure it will be top notch.... Faster I also won't know about yet.. I guess being able to purchase one will be faster than not even having anything on the list......

thats cool,

i would like to see a all steel, long wide dustcover, much like a para frame with the long and wide dustcover.

also a mag catch that allows a para frame to use STI mags.

just some thoughts

Cheaper? We never wanted to build a cheap gun, there are lots of cheap guns out there. We decided to build a gun that was competition ready using the finest parts available in the industry. We believe our price is very much in line with the quality of the firearm.

Better? There are several pistolsmiths out there that build excellent firearms and most of them use our products. We have always believed there is a way to build pistols that would result in every one of them being absolutely top quality, and we always believed we could do it for less then the $2500-$3500 most other shops are charging.

Faster? Our current turn around for a Limited gun is less then a month, and an Open gun runs about 6 weeks (depending on custom features). When we offically release the California model the turnaround, for all standard model Limited guns, in all 50 states, will be one day..........

Import/Export? yes we are capable of exporting.....

Cheaper? We never wanted to build a cheap gun, there are lots of cheap guns out there. We decided to build a gun that was competition ready using the finest parts available in the industry. We believe our price is very much in line with the quality of the firearm.

Better? There are several pistolsmiths out there that build excellent firearms and most of them use our products. We have always believed there is a way to build pistols that would result in every one of them being absolutely top quality, and we always believed we could do it for less then the $2500-$3500 most other shops are charging.

Faster? Our current turn around for a Limited gun is less then a month, and an Open gun runs about 6 weeks (depending on custom features). When we offically release the California model the turnaround, for all standard model Limited guns, in all 50 states, will be one day..........

Import/Export? yes we are capable of exporting.....

--------------------

Bob Hostetter

Bar Sto Pistols

Bob,

Excellent answers. As far as cheap I was really referring to this sub-forums topic of Stock/Production/Limited Gun Technical. If Les Bear can build a completely hand built/fit Single Stack for ~$1600, I was hoping to see someone be able to build a Double Stack for something close. I am specifically referring to an IDPA type gun, STD dust cover and all. I guess if $2100 is what you can do then I truely wish you all the business you can get. If I hadn't just had a SVI built I would be the first to sign up for one. Using your barrel quality as a measure I assume your pistol work will be fantastic. I look forward to seeing all you have to offer.

Lee

The difference is that Les Baer doesn't machine their frames entirely out of barstock steel and doesn't have to pay anyone a royalty to do it. The looooong leadtimes for pistols out of *quality* gunsmiths makes BarSto's entry into the biz welcome indeed.

Nice going BarSto. :)