Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Backup gun ok. how about a backup rig?

Sandbagger123

I have a seperate belt, holster, mag pouches for every gun I run in competition.  Our indoor winter matches that are 1 stage can sometimes result me running 4 different guns.  Take off one outer belt and put on another.  Only guns I have that share a holster and mag pouches are my SS guns.

Funny story about this. Headed out to a combined Glock/USPSA match in ID. When I got there, 200 miles later, I realized I forgot my outer belt. I could borrow a holster, except I am left handed, but did by chance find one at a LGS. The real problem was the belt. I am not a small person, so I had to borrow my buddies smaller belt, which did not go all the way around me. So I added extra velcro strips to hold it on. It was not the most fun I have had at match.

So, my range bag includes an extra holster, 4 plastic mag pouches, and certainly on extra belt.......

I plan to add a couple of mag pouches and a holster to my backup gear. When packing for the last major I shot last year it occurred to me that I had 2 guns, twice the ammo required, clothes to handle a 20 degree change in weather in either direction, rain gear, etc, but no spare holster or mag pouches.