Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Design Open Speed Loaders

mike.45

This is a must for all Open division guys, check out the link below:

http://ipsc.invisionzone.com/index.php?sho...t=0entry11945

You need to be a registered member to view, sorry !!

I saw these in the flesh last weekend and they are really really cool looking and work exceptionally well - they are the same principle as the plastic loaders but with none of the issues!

Warp,

I aint involved in the production or selling of them but I was really really impressed and they look blooming great too - I am now swelling with pride at being British !!! :P We cant make cars but our speedloaders are cool !! :D

The steel is about 2 - 3mm thick so they are very sturdy, the patended thing is the shell retainer thingy that is so obvious its great and with the laser word cutting and bespoke wood handles, this turns these almost into works of art as compared to speed loaders - and they work real good !! I have seen it !

KurtM will see these in about 2 weeks - although his knowelege of Open class gizmos is as vague as mine I am sure his verdict will hold water.

How many 23/4" shells do they hold?

Is it really 6,8, and 10?

I like the idea of being able to shove in more than four, but, I would think it wouls be hard to control.

Have any of you checked to see what the cost would be in U.S. dollars shipped?

Looks like a somewhat better mouse trap however, it can be pretty hard moving into some positions with just a bunch of 4 round tubes on you belt, or the seated in the chair start, or going prone. The 10 rounder looks like a cavalry sword, I don't know about running around with that banging into you legs.

I dont even like the 4 round ones when they swing and bang my leg during a course of fire. imagine squating down and that 10rd tube knockin you off balance causing you to fall. or worse jabbing into your leg. :wacko:

You Open shooter Guys need to come shoot an IPSC Shotgun comp and then this design comes into its own !

IPSC shotgun is similar to 3 gun but its ALL shotgun - no stages that you start with something else.

In these comps thats where the loaders come into effect - for Die Hard Open shooters they will appreciate the sturdyness of these loaders - M

At the SMM3G, I saw quite a few people had made their own speed loaders, they looked to be made out of pvc or some sort of plastic, and each tube held (i'm guessing) 8rnds and they worked just like the TEC loader.

Hey Mike, Yeah, the speed loaders look great..........but what do you mean by "we cant make cars"???? What about the famous & world champion Shelby COBRA or the McLaren F1? One old and one new and both super cars.........

Later, Karl @ GT

Seems to me that the higher round count thing is a good one... kinda like having a big stick for your pistol. You don't use it all the time, but it's good to know that you have it.

yep you are right, they are handly to have !

At the European Shotgun Championships in Italy in 2003 some homemade speedloaders held up to 14 shells !! I think the average length favourite one used in Europe is 8 rounders as this is a sort of medium length that allows a open gun to be almost emptied and only one reload is required in a 26 round COF, when the gun originally holds 14. An initial load of 14 is about average with the mag tube extending about 6" past the end of a 28" barrel.

I am sure we will see some bigger speed loaders at the next Europeans next year in Greece ! :)

$300+ for three tubes seems a little steep but maybe its just the exchange rate that is killing us. I guess when the going rate is $650-700 for a used 1100 maybe its not so bad in the big picture....

I have been told by the designer that a set is on its way to a byer in the US at the moment.

Also KurtM will be taking a set back to the US when he returns next week and he will be passing these onto Jerry AH6IP - so if people are interested these guys may be able to help.

• 2 weeks later...

They are very sturdy, though quite heavy.

I can confirm they do work well. You can even get 12 in the longer tube with 65mm cases. I understand some have been sent to brownells with a view to them stocking them.

Rich

All right. I have had a chance to play with the 6 and 8 round version, I couldn't fit the 10 rounder into my small suitcase. These are truely the cats meow!! no flex and just NO WAY to blow the punger out of the tube. Richard is right they are a bit heavy, but they are LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than the plastic ones. I am going to pass the set I have on to Jimmie Holdsworth, one of the best open shotgunners I know, and we will see what he has to say. I don't think you could bend the tube by steping on it these are HIGH quality thick stainless tubes and they have a really cool retainer and shell spacer so the shells don't rattle in the tube. I think they are WAY worth the price :D KURTM