Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rem Compition Master

sahauptman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"With an all new carrier release button designed for speed and the extra large operating handle, reloading is quick."

That I want to see.

That 22" vent rib (mid bead w/ fiber optic front) barrel sounds almost perfect for plates and poppers. The only problem is shooting slugs beyond about 40 yards is going to be very difficult. The mid bead will help, but ...

The perfect way to set that up would have been to use the standard rifle sights that they offer for the slug barrels.  It's the way I've got my 1100 set up but I have a 21" barrel and I built mine for about half the price Remington wants for it.

Hey Deke,

The 21" barrel with rifle sights is all you are gonna find as far as a replacement barrel from Remington goes. The 21" vent rib barrel is only available on a complete shotgun called the 11-87 SPS-T (camo pattern turkey gun).

I spent a couple of weeks looking for the same thing myself last year. Unless you find someone with an SPS-T who wants to change barrels, you will have to settle for the rifle sight barrel, or cut down the 24" replacement vent rib barrel that Remington does sell separately.

Here is a link to the SPS-T info page.

http://www.remington.com/firearms/shotguns/1187spstcamo.htm

Regards,

George, at one time there was a 21" matte finished VR barrel available on a specific model 11-87SP.  I was looking to get a 11-87SP and wanted the short 21" VR barrel with the Rem choke.  I found out that I couldn't buy it as an extra barrel, it only came on a new gun.  I started hunting on EBay and found a 21" matte finished 11-87SP barrel, Rem Choke &  mid bead.  I wanted it bad, especially since I knew how hard they were to find, and I made sure I won the auction.  They are out there but you have to find someone willing to give it up.  

Intel6,

That is exactly what I found out. So I changed my mind and decided a whole new shotgun with a 21" barrel is what I will do when I get going again on this project. I just might get the durned turkey gun anyway. I like the vent rib barrel, and it's already threaded for Remchokes. Just have to get the Choate tube camo finished to match.

Regards,

Kyle,

The Competition Master does not appear to have a speed feed, what is the new carrier release button like?

I think it's awesome that remington chose to go with 3 gun gear's shotshell holders!  

Quote: from kellyn on 9:53 am on Jan. 4, 2003

Kyle,

I think it's awesome that remington chose to go with 3 gun gear's shotshell holders!  

Very cool to see a big manufacturer going to a "little guy" for stuff.  Funny though because the 3 gun gear guys shoot Benelli shotguns.    

Kelly,

You asked about loading gate.  From what I hear the normal silver gate release is twice as long as normal one we are use to.

I'm anxious to get my hands on one....  I'll be stopping by the booth at the Shot Show.

Bruce

Kelly,

Bruce is right, the button has been extended. It just looks like it was stretched. When I received the prototype it took a little to get used to. After a day I was just as fast with the new button compared to the EZ Loader. You also won't have all the problems with the pins breaking.

I hope to have a copy of the promo video on my web site in the next few weeks.

Intel dude, 3 gun gear makes great stuff... The new side saddle for the Remington is even designed better than his other sidesaddles. Mark put a really neat tab at the front that slides under the forend so it won't come off. Glad to see the small business gettin some as well.

As far as the price: Retail for the Remington is less than Winchester, Browning Gold, or Benneli practical.

And how many of you cheap skates(myself included) have paid retail lately...LOL

God Bless the USA!!!!!!!!

KyleL

Just called my dealer to find out price and availibility and was told that I would have to wait until after the SHOT show in February to even get a price . Evidently gun manufacturers actually wait a month and a half into the year to release their new guns unlike auto manufacturers which release the new models 9 months before the new year .

• 3 weeks later...

Shawn,

Yes the interceptor latch has been addressed and modified as well as the pin it sits on.. I think the high vis front sight is alot easier to pick up for quick shots and there are several rib mounted rear sights available.

Hope you like the blaster...

KyleL

Its still a Remington 1100, which means its still gonna break. And WOW looks like the wiz bang SX2 is having problems, hmmmmmmmmm  will wonders never cease.

I said it before and I'll say it again,  stick with a Benelli, but what do I know. I'm new at this.

(Edited by tim3gun at 10:43 pm on Jan. 29, 2003)

Benelli reliability: one of those myths like Atlantis, bigfoot, Loch Ness monster, or UFOs.  Much discussed but rarely seen.  Tim, I've seen plenty of Benellis go down, including the last shotgun match that we attended.  Of course, you won with a Benelli.  I don't think any shotgun yet designed including the remington is really tough enough for the abuse of 3 gunning.