Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Magic

9x45

I don't think it would help me.  Don't know about you, but my accuracy goes to pot the moment my mind says "break the shot".  No problem aligning the sights.  Problem is between Go and when the bullet exits the barrel.  Hum, I think it's called trigger control and that is something I am always chasing.  

Nice idea just not sure it would work in practice.  He said it's tritium and fiber optic.  I've never been a fan of two different sight designs.  When it's time to perform one or the other is going to disappear depending on the lighting conditions.

If it works along the same lines as TruGlo's TFO/TFX sights, it should be pretty bright in most any lighting conditions.  The tritium sits in the front of the sight body and shines back through the FO at night, and the FO picks up light through the clear-ish section in the middle to light it up in bright conditions.

What seems so gimmicky is that you're trading a normal sight radius (say ~6.5" on a G17) for one that's the equivalent of ~1-2" as far as lining that little dot up.  I think I'd rather have a single tritium dot up front and a solid black rear.

Edited by JAFO

On 11/10/2016 at 1:42 PM, rhett45acp said:

I don't think it would help me.  Don't know about you, but my accuracy goes to pot the moment my mind says "break the shot".  No problem aligning the sights.  Problem is between Go and when the bullet exits the barrel.  Hum, I think it's called trigger control and that is something I am always chasing.  

Yep!! +1 +1 ... I think this "Aiming is Useless" video has got my number (I always have a great sight picture before I miss) ... sigh ... :( 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li0rGtXh23I