Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Good Shotgun Training Videos?

Just wondering if any one had a recomendation for a good video(s) for someone just starting out.

I would like something that addresses reloading techniques, tips for improved speed, etc.

Thanks,

5Shot

I would agree with Lino, and in addition, possibly some discussion on the thought process for approaching a stage - not too in depth, but a rule of thumb for what to take on first, second, etc.

5Shot

I'd include the options for transitions from shot to slug, a discussion on optimum chokes/shell selection/spreader rounds/buckshot, what works best to spin the evil MGM spinners (Turkey loads?), all the various reload techniques (Burn and roll, weak hand, reloading off the gun, from a forearm carrier, Choate shell holders, etc).

• 2 weeks later...

Well anything else? :-)

What guns would people like to see discussed?

Obviously:

Benelli

Remington 11 series

What else?

Should it be separate tapes or another 4 and 1/2 hour monster like the rifle video? We could do a disc on the 1100 series, another on the Benelli, one on pumps, etc....

Should it be separate tapes or another 4 and 1/2 hour monster like the rifle video? We could do a disc on the 1100 series, another on the Benelli, one on pumps, etc....

I like the AR15 video, quite a bit. I would stick with that format. I wouldn't mind seeing pump guns. I noticed a few using them at the MGM this weekend. But, I don't know that I would spend a ton of time on them. Talk a bit about them, and how to interpret the main video and use it for pumps... something along those lines.

I'm with what others have said already, surely you'll manage to shoot a video like that in one day :D !

Reloading, correct shouldering, various ammo/choke settings effects are things that come to mind instantly as subjects to include.

Look forward to seeing it.

Oh and one thing more: don't forget pumps, or even better: the Benelli Nova pump-action ;) !

Thanks for the great suggestions! Now I have the fun of trying to figure out how much of an equipment video versus a training video it is. The primary issue I see with the equipment route is that it can outdate seriously quickly. Maybe a five minute section on each of the following:

Pumps and special instructions

Other Semi-autos available - Winchester, Browning etc.. Got any more for this list?

MagFed shotguns - that is the Saiga right? A section on ammo management with one of those could be quite interesting.

I am also thinking of having a discussion with one of the top shotgun guys in the country (Skeet and Sporting clays) on how to handle the aerial targets that come up.

Thanks guys! Any other equipment stuff or technique suggestions would surely be appreciated.