Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First PCC Match-Tips, Advice?

if you are shooting a Glock lower, a reload with a pistol mag is a lot quicker than manipulating a 32 rounder...and you can use a pistol mag pouch.. if you are shooting a 1x prism optical sight , make sure you have enough eye relief if you have to shoot cramped quarters (I had a 23xx USPSA number once upon a time, and did this little trick at the last match after switching optics)

I have thought about that some. I have regular 17 rounders and also will have TTI +5/6 extensions too as well as the 33 rounders and one with a Taylor Freelance +10

Edited by Posvar

Been shooting pistol for a good while, just getting into PCC.....

1. Get your target acquisitions down pat. No overswinging, no overaiming.

2. You are shooting m I n o r; overall accuracy should still stay around 92%. No deltas.

3. Reloads are super important for classifiers, of course, but I've not prioritized them in live fire training.

4. Work on weakside shooting during dryfire; there's a quite a match gap between those who CAN do this and those who CAN'T.

5. There's a theory for minor shooters that says 25yds and out, just get two hits and move on. I vaguely remember Angus (I think) talked about this shortly after Production started. There's merit to this.

6. First shot from PCC start position should be about 30% less than your first shot from the holster.

Still new to PCC, this is all I've got so far.

Don't be a dick to all the pistol shooters and ruin your(and other PCC shooters') welcome at your club. Be humble and set a good, safe example. We PCC'rs need all the good press we can get these days. And, it seems easier to stay(appear) "safer" by keeping your PCC bagged between runs. Take bagged gun to line when you're up. Un-bag pointed into downrange berm...

Just be a little extra-careful.