Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 45 whats your thoughts

rustybayonet

I just picked one up with the threaded barrel for a carry gun and wondering if you have one and what you think about them? I'm a 1911 guy when it comes to 45, but when you carry it everyday, it takes a toll on the finish. When it comes to polymer guns I stick with the M&P's all my wife and I have in M&P's are 9mm. Just hoping the 45 is just as good. Going out tonight for the maiden voyage.

I use 1 when I am flying. lost gun not much $$$$. not giving the Neanderthals  a shot at 3500 $ custom 1911I.     use the compact.   works great not much print.  get a spacer and use the full size mag as a back up. (do the same thing on 99.)      8+12 is about the same as a 1911.   apex.   front  tritium.    230 sgd hp.  life is good.   'worry  not. you have obviously mastered the   1911. this is nothing just a better option for the specfic need.

cheers

jjw

Edited by jjw

On Friday, September 30, 2016 at 10:26 PM, musky said:

They make 14 rd magazines for the M&P 45.

The 14 is a little bit too long. I do know S&W went staggered to keep the grip size down. I just carry 2 more mags ( I hope I don't need more than 30rds to defend my self). Although I do have a forth?

I have four M&Ps - 9mm Pro, 9mm full size, 40 S&W full size and a 45 full size.  I prefer the 45 over the others simply because I can hit better with it.  9mm is actually my favorite caliber but for some odd reason I perform better with the 45.

Edited by retarmyaviator

As a 1911 guy and M&P 45 owner, I can tell you the extra weight and trigger of the 1911 makes it easier to shoot. The trigger on the striker gun took time to get used to. With reduced loads the M&P is nice to shoot. I still prefer the Pro in 9mm.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a 1911/M&P .45 guy. I carry and shoot the 4/4.5 M&Ps more because I carry them on duty.  No problems and lots of good things to say.  Factory finish holds up well and they are easy to add improvements to.  I'm sure my .45s outshoot my 9mm but that is not saying much!  Seems like they are the under appreciated M&Ps. My mid-size would be my "if you knew you were going to get into a shooting and had to take one pistol" gun.

• 2 weeks later...

I hold the M&P full size and Compact models with very high regard.

My M&P40 and M&P45C are among my two favorite pistols, and I have some real goodies.  

My M&P45C did need an Apex sear and striker block, but that's all that was needed to allow me to shoot it as well as I shoot my 1911s!

Compact with the 10-round magazine for 11 round capacity

P1030999.jpg

With the 8-round, flush magazine, there is room for all of your fingers!

P1030987.jpg

Go forth and experience the M&P45 - you may want to install an Apex sear, but that would be a very small effort to reap big rewards.

Edited by DHart

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:27 PM, chancesR said:

If I could only have one gun.....it would be my M&P .45

I shoot my M&P 45 FS better than any other handgun I've ever shot.  Its a one ragged hole in ten rounds gun.  Unfortunately I don't shoot that well with every gun.