Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Charging Handle Do You All Prefer on Your Benelli Semi's?

Nalapombu

Hey all,

I have an M1S90 with a 21" barrel and a +4 Nordic tube.  I have it set up this way cause I wanted a Home Defense shotgun.  I would like to try the 3-gun stuff, I've never done it before and only now, in the last couple of years, have I lived in an area that has regular matches.  I'm in the Houston, Tx area.

Anyway, I didn't like the stock charging handle so I went with one of the Nordic BIG Handle.  Well I think it's a bit too big for my tastes.  It sticks out too far.  I'd like to get one that is not as "out there" as this one is.  I don't know what all is out there though.  I like the one from Briley's and it can be had in different colors and finishes, expensive though.

I thought I'd ask and see what you all are using and have liked when you ran a Benelli.  There is something I'd like to ask you all about though, with regards to what will fit my M1 bolt.

339021.jpg

There is that "ledge" or "shelf" on the shaft that goes into the bolt.  If you look on the surface of the bolt there is a "dished" out area that looks as though this shelf part fits into it.  It does recess into it a bit, but I don't think it serves any purpose for strength or rigidity or anything like that.  When you look at other bolt handles some also have this "shelf" section and some just have a straight shaft.  The factory part has the "shelf" part too, but it doesn't extend out as far as this one does.  I am wondering if you all know whether the ones that have just the plain straight shaft will work just as well.  Have you tried one?

I'd also like to get some suggestions on what others to check out, if you don't mind passing on what you've experienced.

Thank you for your time and any help you can give.

I have always run a stock bolt handle. After those big old aftermarket handles break off,  get bent on a port, fall out for the 15th time ; you will like the stock one too. ;)

For us guys that have just started, any crutch will do.

Shotgun is so much harder to reframe what I've always done, unlike pistol and rifle.

It's almost like being a bar table 9-ball star your whole life, then trying to shoot 10 perfect racks of straight pool.

I use the no longer made Progressive machine Titanium bolt handle on my M2. Why? Because I love Titanium....its magical. All my 3-gun guns have some. It makes my guns shoot straighter, more reliable and the timer goes slower. It also makes my beard look fuller, tattoos more vibrant, and whisky is much smoother. (Actually I dont have a beard, only one tattoo and I dont drink whisky. The rest is true). ?