Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freedom vs Atlas Gun works

Broncos79

Hello all -

I am interested in a limited pistol I have looked into both Freedom gunworks and Atlas gun works - does anyone have experience with either of them and can you provide recommendations?

thank you for your insights

Freedom Gunworks is the "K" half of CK ARMS. You can probably buy a CK ARMS limited 2011 off the shelf at shooters connection. Very high quality guns at a fair price. My guns are built by the "C" half of CK ARMS and they are second to none in craftsmanship and customer service.

I have experience with Atlas Gunworks . I had Adam install my steel grip and perform a tune and trigger job on my STI and do not regret it for a second . Adam from Atlas performs awesome work and highly recommend . He also tuned my magazines and have not had a failure since .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many of the guys in our range, have had guns made by Atlas. And everyone of them is flawless and flat shooting. I'm currently having him make me a single stack in .40 cal. Adam stands by his guns 100%.  And the best thing is it only takes about 2 months for a custom gun, verses a year or more at others.

Edited by Postal Bob

I know both,  both great guys.. With Freedom you can go full custom to your spec or a CK off the shelf from Shooters connection,  less cost less personalization.   With Adam again,  you'll get more than you expect.  I own Freedom gun's and have shot an Atlas limited gun. You won't go wrong either way..  Good Luck!

Bobby has been banned from this forum and Snipers Hide back when he tried to build rifles.  I had a few interactions with him, and I would rather flush my money than give it to him.  I have seen more of his gun go down in matches than any other and I have watched him watch his guns go down and do absolutely nothing but blame the ammo.  I will keep my opinions out of this post and keep it to the facts.  I know more people who have bought guns from Bobby who now hate him and his guns than any other builder out there.  

Now to my opinion - Buy from anybody BUT Bobby.

9 hours ago, B45C22 said:

Bobby has been banned from this forum and Snipers Hide back when he tried to build rifles.  I had a few interactions with him, and I would rather flush my money than give it to him.  I have seen more of his gun go down in matches than any other and I have watched him watch his guns go down and do absolutely nothing but blame the ammo.  I will keep my opinions out of this post and keep it to the facts.  I know more people who have bought guns from Bobby who now hate him and his guns than any other builder out there.  

Now to my opinion - Buy from anybody BUT Bobby.

Sure, but there is somebody, somewhere, that feels the same about Atlas, or any other builder.

Bobby still builds rifles. He still travels the world supporting and training military etc.

Hell, I have two Cheely guns and one of them is flawless but the other one drives me crazy with feeding issues but it will get figured out. Doesn't make it junk.

I've used both Bobby and Atlas and when I needed another gun I called Atlas.  I'm not unhappy with my limited pistol from Bobby but Atlas seems to be more personable to me.  I don't think you can go wrong with either person but I lean slightly atlas.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had guns built from some of the most popular builders that get regular coverage on this forum.  They have all been good guns, but if i were to get another one built right now it would be an atlas.  Overall i was happier with the whole process.  Not necessairly by a huge margin, but overall the experience along with the gun represent the finest experience ive had to date. 

I'll chime in and support Atlas.  I bought a used gun from Adam. Runs perfectly.  I sent him a gun to have an SVI steel grip installed and had a good experience.  He is personable and does great work IMHO

I have recently acquired a new CK Arms Pistol and a used Freedom Gunworks from a seller on this forum.  I am extremely happy with both.  I had a small issue with the CK Arms and Bobby was extremely prompt and helpful in making sure it was taken care of.   I have no experience with Atlas, but would have no issues buying another gun from Freedom.