Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited..... micro or PRO

Yes Kurt, I know the correct answer is C: none of the above and if Patrick puts up another picture of that 18" with irons he has I might be tempted.  Still.......

I did a search but never really found much.  For those of you shooting Limited which of these do you prefer and why.  I've been playing with a PA microclone and decided I like shooting the division so clearly need to spend money on it.  

16 hours ago, Neomet said:

Yes Kurt, I know the correct answer is C: none of the above and if Patrick puts up another picture of that 18" with irons he has I might be tempted.  Still.......

I did a search but never really found much.  For those of you shooting Limited which of these do you prefer and why.  I've been playing with a PA microclone and decided I like shooting the division so clearly need to spend money on it.  

I would go PRO too buddy Mick is right, I like the bigger glass.. it aint as sexy as the micro but hey you have Looch he is sexy enough for ya LOL

9 hours ago, ogiebb said:

I would go PRO too buddy Mick is right, I like the bigger glass.. it aint as sexy as the micro but hey you have Looch he is sexy enough for ya LOL

Well, he'll have to do since you left.......  :-)

I started out doing Tac-Ops stuff, but I've been using an Aimpoint PRO for 8-9 months, and have only good things to say about it.   Simple, precise, fun, fast, high value, durable, inuitive, easy controls.

Recently I picked up a Vortex Spitfire AR, about 3 weeks ago.  I'm going to stick with it.  The prismatic is just SO good.  Much easier to see against farther targets, past 200 yards, much cleaner sight picture.  Just as easy to pick up on close targets as far as I can tell in the couple times I've practiced with it.  Good stuff.

The PRO has nothing on the left side of the tube, so you can shoot both eyes open pretty well.  That is true for many other sights, but the tube is noticeably larger than an H2.  I don't think the small weight variance would make a difference in competition.  However, the QRP2 mount they come with is not that great.  You may want to go with a LaRue mount instead.

3 hours ago, CHLChris said:

The PRO has nothing on the left side of the tube, so you can shoot both eyes open pretty well.  That is true for many other sights, but the tube is noticeably larger than an H2.  I don't think the small weight variance would make a difference in competition.  However, the QRP2 mount they come with is not that great.  You may want to go with a LaRue mount instead.

Except I am a lefty.  LOL!

• 1 month later...

I have used both; I'd say it's a toss of. I like the larger field of view on the PRO, but the micro doesn't give up any performance and is lighter. I'd play with both and see which you feel more comfortable with. Also-if you're going to mount it farther from your eye, the PRO may be the way to go, closer, micro. Something I discovered playing with them. 

as far as being a lefty goes,  it doesn't matter with the PRO.   You can just rotate the pro in its mount 90 degrees to the left and use the adjustment turrets the opposite way , works just fine.   (at least on my old Aimpoint Comp C)

Eric

See above photo of aimpoint compC rotated counterclockwise in mount for less obstruction of field of view for lefthanded shooter.

(mounted on my 20 guage 870 with rifled barrel and cantilever mount  for deer hunting, great combo for illinois)

Eric

Edited by eric4069

I have tried several Limited optics but keep coming back to the Aimpoint PRO (actually I have several ML3s also - same product but more $$$). Generous FOV is very forgiving, particularly from awkward positions. Easy adjustment of the dot brightness ON THE CLOCK is a useful attribute, as I often go bright for close-range hosing then dim the dot a few clicks for long-range precision. My Aimpoint Micro sits on my home defense carbine gathering dust.

I would quite like to try a Trijicon MRO sometime... hopefully I will see one on the range and get a chance to look through it.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

22 hours ago, StealthyBlagga said:

I hope you meant "toss UP" :D

Ha ha yeah lol indeed. I can't honestly say I prefer one over the other, they both work. The convince goes to the micro-smaller, less likely to get banged up, controls I feel are a little nicer with the dial illumination, but I go off sight number. Still-a more refined product, but they do the same job.