Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Racer Pouch Bullets Out Help

SlvrDragon50

yep, it's the screws. they are not suitable for bullets out from the factory. I would think by now saul would be shipping them with an extra set of screws with a smaller head (also non-countersunk). like some little button head type screws.

the options are:

find some screws with smaller heads (like cap screws or button heads) or put the ones you have in a drill/dremel and turn down the heads to make them smaller.

Yup, Saul should be mailing me some.

That said, I find that the tension is already pretty good with the tension screw flat against the body, and the belt strap screw against the tension screw! No need for adjustment.

I agree, but its good to have the option for more tension should you need it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine in from Midway this week, and I ran into the same problem.  Midway hasn't had many in stock so I would assume they're pretty fresh stock.  Just emailed DAA... was about to order some M5 screws from Amazon and possibly have to sand down some.

I'd want button head screws in order to keep more even and distributed pressure on the mag pouch itself.  The countersunk-style screws I don't feel get enough pressure to keep the pouch tight against the belt attachment.

In that case I'm thinking something like this would work.  I'd want to at least be able to adjust tension since with bullets out moving the CG of a loaded magazine further out from you I'd want a bit more retention.

https://www.amazon.com/Bolts-M5-12mm-Stainless-Accessories/dp/B01531NBEM/

I'm concerned that the screw head is too "thick" and will impact the underside of the spacer, but that's a much easier fix with a bit of sandpaper while watching Netflix.

Update: went to my local bicycle shop and found several of those type of screws since they're most often used to hold water bottle holders to bike frames.  They let me have them for free out of their spare screw drawer.  They clear the spacer with ease, and don't interfere with the tension wheel.

Now to figure out where I can find purple Loctite...

• 2 years later...

This is a very old post but I had to comment. Here it is 2yrs later. And im having the same exact issue. I always looked at shooters connection and daa as the very best at what they do so im very surprised. Searching garage for new button heads now.  

I just finished my rig, I used some 10-32 x 5/8in button head cap screw(allen head) so wasnt a big deal. I need to clarify daa does include the socket cap screw that you have pictured but I couldnt get the thickest leaf spring and spacer installed with that included screw. The approach angle is too steep and catches the screw head. I could of been doing something different but a button head worked great. Overall ive been very happy with SC with everything i have ordered through them

• 3 months later...

I am having the same issue. You'd think by now they'd have this squared away.

The included socket head screw requires a larger size allen wrench than what is included and as TravisB_02 stated, the large leaf spring spacer will not work with it. 

So, almost three years after the OP you still have to buy additional screws to make these work bullets out...  and drill holes. 

Edited by StephenG
added information

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

My problem was the M5 bolt they supply with was too long for bullet out setup(belt housing not flushing fit to mag housing)

But acctual road block was nut in the part that goes to belt(belt housing?) was making bolt to stop midway for M5 bolt to go through all the way.

If you muscle it little( it won't break like I feared little) to pre-fit bolt to go through all the way(more like mid way) before assemble, you can sit belt housing to flush.

I wouldn't do it too much to fit loosely thinking so it doen't get loose over time.

I didn't drill a hole on opposite side just in case I had to return.

So if you are not planning to return, drill a hole as per instruction so you can have a better leverage to screw the bolt in.