Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adios, Pamplona

ErikW

It has that same look that tourists get driving up to Tahoe and hitting ice for the first time in thier new "SUV" :)

[Drift]

Last Winter as I was heading to Florida I left my 4X4 Blazer keys with a friend to use if the roads got bad with the reminder that if there is zero traction with two wheels there is twice as much with four!

[/Drift]

I count about 10-12 armed, uniformed policemen there with a buffalo running amok about to gore/trample the guy on the ground and not one gun drawn. :(

The guy with the bald head looks like he is saying, "Ya'll give 'em room. He picked that fight. Lets see who wins!!!" :D

dj

I wonder WTF is the buffalo doing in a tennis court??? <_<

When I saw this on the news, they herded it that way to get it off the street and to confine it.. but that was the reporter, so it's probably not very accurate

Actually, a whole herd ended up on the court: http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/26/roaming.buffalo.ap/

Shame on me, I know better than to call it a buffalo, which is something you walk behind in your rice paddy or hunt with a big gun in Africa.

The American Buffalo is not a true buffalo. Its closest relative is the European Bison or Wisent and the Canadian Woods Bison, not the buffalo of Asia or Africa, such as the Cape Buffalo or Water Buffalo. Scientifically, the American Buffalo is named Bison and belongs to Bovidae family of mammals, as do domestic cattle. Because our history has so ingrained in us the name "Buffalo", we still use it, although "Bison" and "Buffalo" are used interchangeably.

Bull photo is great!

I live about 10 minutes from where the buffalo/bison incident happened. It was all over the news. I was pissin' my pants all day laughing. They aired the 911 tapes that came in when the animals got near the highway. All of the police were commended for their wrangling skills.