Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Stock 2 Small Frame

nbot

They're hard to find in the United States. I had one and sold it. I only knew of one other guy who had one. He had small frame Stock 2's and I think a small frame Stock 3 too. At the Indiana State Single Stack, Production, & Revolver match this year we had a few shooters from Canada that were shooting small frame Stock 2's. So maybe they're still imported into Canada???

Cz mags don't work in the small frame anyway.

Actually, that's incorrect. CZ nickel plated mags and the Mecgar CZ 17 round AFC mags fit and run just fine in the small frames.

Bjones, that was me. :) AFAIK, they are imported into Canada, had a discussion with a canadian competitor about small frames at A1.

Actually, that's incorrect. CZ nickel plated mags and the Mecgar CZ 17 round AFC mags fit and run just fine in the small frames.

Bjones, that was me. :) AFAIK, they are imported into Canada, had a discussion with a canadian competitor about small frames at A1.

If it was you then it was your friend James that bought my small frame Stock 2 9mm.

Sorry, in AUS the mags do not work with the base pads they have on them from factory.

The mags are the same size but the mag catch is in a slightly different spot which can cause issues depending one what base pads you run.

I see small frames on gun Broker quite a bit. I sold one on here a while ago.

Mind if I ask why you want one - unless you have a stockpile of CZ magazines?

I felt a small frame gun the other day, two things that seem to be a little bit better for my hands. One, the grip on the gun placed better placement for my finger to trigger, also the way the spacing is for the magazine allows for the magazines to flow into the gun.

they seem to be the ultimate unicorn in the US.

ahh, I took those pads off and run the henning small frame basepads.

My new Xtreme II 9mm 4.4 bbl Tanfoglio is on it way to me...and I would like to change the base pads from the stock 'Eric' specials to the Henning small frame base pads...but...not sure how the 'pin release' style will work with a magazine that is designed to use the 'hex head set screw' retaining method.

Does the stock mag spring have a 'button' or 'pin' release already there? Under the stock pad? Just can't see it? I suppose all will be revealed when I finally get my grubby hands on the actual piece, but would like to be ready to shoot without having to worry about loosing the silly little screw every time I have to clean out a mag at the range...

I shot one this weekend for the first time and liked it. I didn't have much time to fondle it and compare it side by side to my S2 though.

It was a Stock 2 Xtreme small frame

You smoked that thing... Awesome shooting.

ahh, I took those pads off and run the henning small frame basepads.

My new Xtreme II 9mm 4.4 bbl Tanfoglio is on it way to me...and I would like to change the base pads from the stock 'Eric' specials to the Henning small frame base pads...but...not sure how the 'pin release' style will work with a magazine that is designed to use the 'hex head set screw' retaining method.

Does the stock mag spring have a 'button' or 'pin' release already there? Under the stock pad? Just can't see it? I suppose all will be revealed when I finally get my grubby hands on the actual piece, but would like to be ready to shoot without having to worry about loosing the silly little screw every time I have to clean out a mag at the range...

Don't have an Allen key handy to check, but I'm pretty sure there's a standard floor plate underneath. I'm assuming you're getting a small frame s2 xtreme, so the henning basepads should fit with the standard floor plate.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't ever say I hated it. I said it wasn't a drop in part. We can talk about all the ways the design could have been better now if you want.

You wouldn't know where to begin. Problem with you, is your run your mouth too much. I know the circle you run in. If you know how it can be designed better, let me know where to purchase the one you created. It was never marketed as a guaranteed drop-in part. Tafo tolerances are too loose. That's anpther one of your problems, you don't know how to read and follow directions. But let's discuss your new bolo design...

lol, that's a bit much. you were happy to bag cgw when you filed on one of their disco's before test fitting it... then again when you were getting light strikes with your S+B primers and basically said not to buy parts from anyone except CZC as they helped fix your CGW caused issue... do I need to go find the threads?

I haven't seen anyone bagging your gear like that.