Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip Angle Similar to 2011

jbultman

I currently have been shooting a Brazos 2011 in limited and am thinking about switching to production for a bit to change things up. Which gun, either stock 2 or cz accushadow, has a more similar grip angle to my 2011? Or would their be a more suitable option?

Thanks

I found the transition from a CZ Shadow to a 1911 easier than my glock was to CZ. The CZ led me to metal guns and the traditional grip angle. They make a scaled grip panel for it that is similar in size to a 2011 grip. Also, I found the safety and mag release to be in similar locations.

Awesome. I have buddies that have both and I would be able to borrow. My 2011 has had a grip reduction so the size of the cz grip would suit me better. What scale grip?

I feel as I'm more worried about the grip angle as my old 34 is completely different and messing me up switching back and forth. Anyone with a stock 2 want to comment?

I can't add much to the DA/SA production preference between Tangfolio & CZ, but the XDM has worked out well for me. Picked up my Xdm after a 3 year break (1yr SS & 2 yr Open) and was still able to pull a .6 draw on target this week during dry fire practice before shooting a club match this weekend. I'd recommend handling a few different production guns and seeing were things shake out on a blind draw. Once you determine which ones point the same as your 2011 you've narrows it down without brand bias. If you are used to shooting major, recoil will be significantly less whether you decide to shoot a steel or polymer production gun.

I was wanting to stick to a metal gun, similar I'm weight to my 2011. Ideally I would find something similar in weight, controls and, most importantly, grip angle... It sounds as if I both are similar, which one would be best is up to me. Hold them both and decide.

Sig P320 indexes the same for me as my 2011s. All of the other production guns I've run over the years are a bit different and require a bit of dry fire to get the sights to index subconsciously without having to make visual adjustments before every shot.

Stock 2 feels like 2011 because of the trigger guard shape. The CZ has smaller grip than Stock 2. I think the grip angle of the three guns are very close to each other. I would recommend you get the Stock 2 for now. However, if you can wait for a few more months the CZ Shadow 2 will be available in the US market soon.

yeah the glock is a big difference in how it indexes/points than either the CZ/stock II (both similar) or the 2011.

I would suggest either the shadow (or even better shadow 2) or the Stock II would be a good choice. both approximate the weight you're used to and have controls in similar locations. try both and see which you prefer.

the scales grips reffered to before are these ones. http://www.shootingsportsinnovations.com/CZ-SCALES-20-CZ-20.htm

I have them on both my tanfoglio and CZ pistols. as someone who also shoots a 2011 the don't exactly feel the same as a 2011 (the biggest difference in feel is around the beavertail/safety area) but they are great grips.

Regardless of the gun I decide on I and pretty sure I'm going to be getting the scales grip. It seems to be the best option for the closest to 2011 grip that I can find, although not exact.

The thing that I'm worried about deciding is the gun. I'm going to shoot the CZ next weekend at a local, well see how it goes. I've done my research I know the cz is better at a, b, and c while the Tanfo at x, y, and z.

How hard is it to do the work on the Tango? What work needs to be done? I just wish i coukd try them on for size before purchasing.

Which one would have the most trigger reach to my 2011?

Would it be worthwhile to wait for the shadow 2? What's the advantage over the Tanfo?

Given the shadow 2 should be coming any month now I'd wait for it. At that point 2 things will happen. There'll be more used shadows (and possible stock 2's) for sale at cheaper prices. So if you decide you still just want a shadow it'll be a good time to get a bargain. The second thing of course is you can now buy the shadow 2 if you want. From all reports it's the better gun out of a 3 way comparison between shadow, stock 2 and shadow 2.

I have a Stock II for production and shoot an STI (polymer grip) and SVI (steel signature) in limited and don't have any major issues with switching between them. They grip angle is very slightly off, but it's something you can re adjust in the first few rounds or during dry fire when switching. I think between the Tanfo's and CZ's they are about the same as far as grip angle goes. Actual 2011 grip circumference is more similar to the Tanfo.

I have always wanted one of these though for production. It's a double stack 1911 and it's production legal!!!!

Para 18-9 Ltd LDA:

186494-para-ordnenace-p-18-9-lda--0.jpg

Edited by EngineerEli

I have a Stock II for production and shoot an STI (polymer grip) and SVI (steel signature) in limited and don't have any major issues with switching between them. They grip angle is very slightly off, but it's something you can re adjust in the first few rounds or during dry fire when switching. I think between the Tanfo's and CZ's they are about the same as far as grip angle goes. Actual 2011 grip circumference is more similar to the Tanfo.

I have always wanted one of these though for production. It's a double stack 1911 and it's production legal!!!!

Para 18-9 Ltd LDA:

186494-para-ordnenace-p-18-9-lda--0.jpg

I have not seen anybody using Para 18-9 in production division in Local and Area matches. Please send us a list showing this is legal for production division.

DAO, but light. It's a precocked mainspring similar to an HK LEM trigger system, with a two piece hammer. Very light for a DA, but it's a whole different feel than a standard 1911 trigger, and more prone to issue my experience.

yeah that was what I thought, pre-cocked DAO. I imagine a stock II or shadow which have 5-6lb DA and 2lb SA triggers would offer a better trigger and more reliable platform. Don't get me wrong, double stack 1911 in production is cool, but one of the big things people like about the 1911/2011 is the trigger...

Looking at my options and talking to some people. I think I've decided to go the Tanfo route. Which production one should I look at... Stock 2 or lim pro?

That's going to be up to you... There are a number of threads here that debate the two. Both are great guns, just with different balance, barrel length/style, and sight radius, among a few other differences. Grip and triggers are identical.