Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV 5.4

I have 5.4 SV factory build...

I want to convert this gun into OPEN beacouse I'm not happy with this gun at all.

Any one know which slide to order? Frame looks like standard but I'm pretty sure have some differences ...

Option to gun go again in SV factory is NOT option...

post-15680-0-68319900-1467787193_thumb.j

Edited by ZeljkoLucic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you so unhappy with the gun as is? If you don't mind my asking

Lots of problem with this gun...

As in what kind of problems specifically? I've been thinking of ordering one for some time and I'm curious as to what "lots of problems" means?

Lots of problem with this gun...

As in what kind of problems specifically? I've been thinking of ordering one for some time and I'm curious as to what "lots of problems" means?

I explain in another thread but Moderators clear my post "Customer Care Issue" says...

own a couple SVI's, you call Brandon? guaranteed to get you straight.

Yes I call him but front desk says is not in office,I try couple times more and make decision SV is NOT option .

I try slide and barell from my another SV just to see what's differences I can find.

Silver frame looks like is not Standard ...that's a reason why I ask does anyone know can I convert this 5.4 into Open gun( with another slide and barrel)

post-15680-0-10188600-1467819870_thumb.j

Edited by ZeljkoLucic

curious about the '''lots of problems '''' statement, while it can happens with any gun builder, an SV with ''lotsa problems ''' is always a wild animal rarely seen.

i'm also curious about Brandon's action on this specific case .

Zeljko, each SV is hand made, hand fitted and I would NOT recommend swapping parts. SVI can give you options.

If Brandon is not there (lots going on with Match's, family, etc.) let Tiffany know what's going on, Brandon will get back to you.

You have a Ferrari of blasters, treat as such.

I explain in another thread but Moderators clear my post "Customer Care Issue" says...

I read that thread before it was gone. You still didn't mention what specific problems you're having, what you've done so far, or what the first trip back to SVI was, what was found, etc.

So, what's wrong, specifically, and what's already been done to remedy it?

Does it happen with other mags? Other ammo? Everything from mag tuning to bullet shape to OAL can play a part.

Does "jam" mean failure to eject or failure to feed? What's actually going on?

Same magazines and ammo work in that black SV from another pic like champ

Knowing if it's FTE or FTF will help. Knowing the recoil spring weight (slide cycle timing) will help, too.

I don't own a race gun but I know there's lots of finely tuned things that need to work together just right. I've got a Springfield Range Officer 9mm I'm breaking in, testing ammo and mags with, etc., so I'm partially familiar.

And, you don't want an Open gun that jams that much, either.