Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for Glock 24/17L shooting USPSA carry optics/limited

mikeAZ

I only see one made (Blade Tec) model for the long slides????.... Any one use this one?.... or are you just using a shorter Glock 34 version of a holster?. I don't care if the nose of the 17L/24 holster is too long for my 34 MOS....I really don't like the barrel sticking out too far from the bottom of the holster....

Edited by mike NM

I have a AA race holster.... The carry optic pretty well limits you on holster choice as I read it?. .Intel 6 did you move?..... Are you using the version that is for the 16L/24?... Mike in Mesa

You mean you want a holster that you can use back and forth, with the G34 in CO and the G24 in Limited? The 34 will lock into any longslide holster as it only really engages with the trigger guard.

Edited by NickBlasta

Yes, I have the fully enclosed version for the 17L/24. I actually tried the open faced competition version BT sells and didn't like it at all. The fully enclosed is a straight up draw like my SS and limited holster so it works for me. It might be tough for shorter people with shorter arms? I am 6'4" and have long arms so the draw is no problem for me.

I know the holster will work for all the shorter versions as I have tried the G17 and a G19 for the heck of it.

I am still in the same place as I have been, I think you may be thinking of someone else?

I bought a G17L/24 Bladetech off of the classifieds here. It did not have the "snap in" of my other Bladetechs and I was planning to use it for a G22 with a Taylor sight block, which comes out slightly longer than the G24. I mailed it back to Bladetech and they fixed the "snap" and opened up the bottom. It fits like a glove. It cost me $2.50 in postage. So if it does not fit, they will make it fit.

As far as fit with a slide mounted optic, I had a Zev cut slide that fit fine with the optic in place.

EDD0BEEB-68C1-46BC-A6F8-2B87C450A817_zps

Rereading your post, I am not sure what you are asking. Are you asking if your G34 MOS will fit in the G17l/24 holster?

Edited by dogtired

Well, the only holster I've found made especially for the G17L/G24 is the Blade Tec one. I want to eliminate the possibility of the G24 front sight getting hung up on a holster made for a G34 holster. I have a C-More STS2 on the G34 MOS and just built the G24 w / a Gen 3 upper on a Gen 4 lower ( I have both ported and non ported Factory barrels for the G24). No, I don't see the G34 MOS fitting the G24 holster as a problem. I'd like to use only one holster/mag setup and don't mind the holster and mags being at the hip point or behind, that way I think I would satisfy the "rule" book and can load the mags with the appropriate round count for either "limited" or "carry optics" At age 74, I'm not going to "win" anything and my only goal is not to be LAST and don't need the holster of choice to be a factor. Mike

Edited by mike NM

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry. I do not make one yet. I am looking for a mold gun.

So if I get my gun to you at N M can you make one for the gun or do you need a model like they make for the holster mfrs ?