Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650 w/ Mr Bulletfeeder

Here are big brother and little brother ready for production. Anyone on the fence about purchasing a Mr Bulletfeeder, I can't say enough good things. Easy to install and adjust for specific bullet.

Dillon.jpg

Don't know much about them. Other than I want one.

1. How much $$

2. What station is yours in, 3?

I don't have the powder check so that's where I'd want to put it. Don't want to use a seat/crimp combo die.

Thanks.

Don't know much about them. Other than I want one.

1. How much $$

2. What station is yours in, 3?

I don't have the powder check so that's where I'd want to put it. Don't want to use a seat/crimp combo die.

Thanks.

Just under $500 and literally worth every penny.

Station 3 it is.

Here are big brother and little brother ready for production. Anyone on the fence about purchasing a Mr Bulletfeeder, I can't say enough good things. Easy to install and adjust for specific bullet.

Dillon.jpg

Thanks for cleaning up my reloading bench :)

Funny! I was complaining tonight to my wife. I have zero organizational skills. Try as I might, I couldn't organize a basket of socks.

I have the same presses on my bench plus a T-7, looks like a bomb went off on the bench. Your bench looks better than mine.

Just got my Mr. Bulletfeeder. I had a hard time justifying the cost until I hooked it up. WOW. After a little tuning, no more flopped bullets and my production rate is about 100 bullets every 5 minutes. I've loaded up all my brass and bullets so now I'm waiting for a new order to come in so I can start using the press again.

After I posted I had an initial setup problem Rick K sent me a message saying he could help. Now that's service. But we got it all worked out.

How did I go so many years without one?

What "other options"? There are no other options.

Isn't there more than one auto bullet feeder? RCBS makes one.

From what i know, there is only 2 options.

GSI or Mr.Bullet.

My plan is to use the GSI toolhead and Mr.Bulletfeeder hybrid.

Rcbs can be a little tricky, i don't know the hornady unit.

GSI or Mr.Bullet.

RCBS and Hornady are toys by comparison from what I have seen and handled. GSI involves its own tool head etc but is a quality tool. MBF is just an awesome high quality tool that works

GSI or Mr.Bullet.

RCBS and Hornady are toys by comparison from what I have seen and handled. GSI involves its own tool head etc but is a quality tool. MBF is just an awesome high quality tool that works

I want one after watching a few videos! Defintley speeds up the process.

yeah the hornady and RCBS aren't in the same post code.

The GSI looks great but plenty had issues with their collator. AND you need to buy parts just to change bullet profile (ie 115JHP to 147 RN).

The Mr bullet feeder will load just about any bullet type/shape in whatever calibre kit you have.

here is a short vid of mind loading 38 super major loads (10.4gn 3N38 from memory). The other big plus is it allows you to load with a real rhythm as you're not stopping to insert a bullet. That nice smooth rhythm helps smooth out powder drop and OAL for better consistency.

As I mentioned before, GSI has prettier models in their videos, but the need to select the collator parts based on bullet profile immediately, and decisively turned me off.

MBF's ability to handle virtually any bullet of a particular caliber is incredibly important to me, so I will watch the models, but buy MBF's. I have three already, and might buy another one soon.

I like almost everything about the MBF, except the way it hangs on the 650. It intrudes way too much into my visual space, unnecessarily blocking my access to the shelves behind. I, therefore, made my own mounting, moving the feeder higher and partly above the case feeder - it kind of straddles the fence there. This way it is much less visible. One small penalty - it is harder to see what's inside of it, but that is easily manageable.

post-21305-0-17374800-1464965176_thumb.j

Interesting Foxbat. What is the foam on front of the Dillon bullet tray for? I find myself looking for some place to put my left hand when loading. Thinking of some sort of handle or rail mounted to the bench to provide a little leverage while loading.

No, it is working fine, i am loading 147gr bullets on that setup, and there are no issues. I don't put too many bullets into the feeder, a couple of handfuls does it.