Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate ESP gun

1911vm

I was thinking about what would be the BEST ESP gun. In my mind not in any special order.

1911 9mm

2011 9mm

Cz 75 shadow

All with similar things. Magwell , sights triggers etc.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have them all and that's a good question. Currently shooting the CZ, but in SSP, because I think that's where I think that pistol has the biggest advantage in the IDPA game. I think the 1911 has the advantage in ESP, and the 2011 has the advantages as Limited gun in steel matches where there is no penalty for the 9mm caliber. But arguments could be made for any of them in IDPA ESP, as you know.

Division capacity for ESP is 10+ 1.

Not if your gun comes with 9round mags from the manufacturer. And you must use the 9 rounders through the whole match. 9 round only help on matches that are predominantly 2 shot targets. But I like on Mozambique targets also. You slide lock after head shot and go back to double tap on the body.

I think you are incorrect. I use a Springfield range officer 9 mm in ESP. It came from the factory with nine round magazines. I use 10 round Tripp mags. This is perfectly legal

8.2.2.2.33. Magazines that are longer than stock may be used provided they meet all other division

requirements.

You are correct

Maybe be used not have to be. So 9 round are totally legal

You would still be required to Barney. So at the very least, you'd be 9+1.
Yup you are correct start with 10 rounds. Reload on slidlock.

The STI Hex Tac is pretty much the ultimate IDPA gun. CK Arms also has an "almost" perfect IDPA gun, but with the glaring omission of a magwell.

Just looked up the gun that's great. Love it.

One of these days I would love to shoot a STI and Shadow side by side. Both set up for esp.

CK Arms also has an "almost" perfect IDPA gun, but with the glaring omission of a magwell.

I have one of the CK Arms IDPA guns and added an STI Tactical magwell that fits the IDPA Box perfectly.

I think you are incorrect. I use a Springfield range officer 9 mm in ESP. It came from the factory with nine round magazines. I use 10 round Tripp mags. This is perfectly legal

8.2.2.2.33. Magazines that are longer than stock may be used provided they meet all other division

requirements.

You are correct, as long as all of the mags you use are 10 round mags. If you use 1 9 round mag, you must load all mags with 9 rounds - though you could start with one of your 10 round mags on loaded start stages to avoid using a barney mag.

8.1.2.2 If a magazine is used that holds less than division capacity, the shooter will load all magazines to

the capacity of the lowest magazine throughout the match.

Edited by okorpheus

Hello: A 1911 with a Dawson magwell will reload faster than a CZ Shadow. At least it does for me. A 2011 with a short 9mm bull barrel is a really sweet shooting pistol for IDPA. Add a legal magwell to the 2011 and it is the winner I think. Thanks, Eric

You can pick up a used eagle for roughly $1600. Even a custom one for a little over $2k depending on the builder, options and equipment it may come with.

If that's a bit rich for your blood then you can't go wrong with either the 1911 or CZ. Hard to beat a quality 1911 trigger but the mag chute of the CZ would be nice too.

Living in the CT I can get only 10rd mags.

To get a STI and stuff 10rd that is just wrong lol

Spoke to cz custom and they said that their is a problem fitting 10rd mags in to the mag well.

I have a excellent custom 1911 that was built and i used for Bianchi cup. That I was about to sell. But now maybe a magwell , FO sights, mag base pads and I am good to go.

Edited by 1911vm