Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate ESP gun

1911vm

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my idea of the ultimate ESP gun. I like it better than my 9mm Trojan.

4E9237B0-D7FD-4B39-BCE4-7D748596CEF9_zps

What exactly do you like more then a 2011??

Maybe all that pre travel in the trigger ?

But seriously, does that magwell fit the box?

That's funny. That is kind of why I was asking . I have never handled SAO CZ so I have nothing to compare it to. My 1911s triggers are amazing. Is CZ SAO have the same trigger?

And the second question is because CZ has a lighter slide does it have less of a muzzle rise?

I've shot quite a few 1911s and never bought one in the end, I really like my SAO Shadow. The grip shape and safety feel more natural than a 1911 in my hand but everyone is different. If you want a super short 1911 style reset CZ Custom now offers a solution, check this out for more info: http://czcustom.com/cz-75-accu-shadow-lite-9mm-black.html

As for muzzle rise you can tune your springs to get exactly what you want, I'm running an 11lb recoil spring with a 13lb mainspring and the gun stays pretty flat and is one of the softest shooting 9mm pistols I've tried. Lastly, there's an IDPA specific magwell so that is likely the one in JKW's picture: http://czcustom.com/cz-75-mag-well-fits-in-the-idpa.htmlI've been very tempted to buy it.

All this sounds very interesting. For now until my funds change i will use a 1911 for ESP with Dawson ice magwell .by the end of the month I should have my SSP ready SP01 from CGW . I can't wait to shoot it side by side with a 1911. Maybe I will become a total convert. Thanks for all the info.

Only 1 more question. Why a need for a SAO is it not DA/SA the same thing if it's cocked and locked?

Edited by 1911vm

This is my idea of the ultimate ESP gun. I like it better than my 9mm Trojan.4E9237B0-D7FD-4B39-BCE4-7D748596CEF9_zps

I dunno...Maybe the 1k plus dollars I had left in my pocket after I bought it? :)

Seriously though, I don't own a 2011, though I'm sure I will someday. As much as I love my 1911s, the Shadow fits my hands better and I seem to shoot it better. When considering the design, I prefer the 1911/2011 for its simplicity (though not its ease of home tuning) and more intuitive disassembly and reassembly. That shadow has lots of little parts and pieces that require care to keep straight and also to not lose.... The safety detents and their springs are shockingly tiny, and the sear cage can be mildly intimidating to work with the first time through.

This is my idea of the ultimate ESP gun. I like it better than my 9mm Trojan.4E9237B0-D7FD-4B39-BCE4-7D748596CEF9_zps

Maybe all that pre travel in the trigger

But seriously, does that magwell fit the box?

The trigger has very little pre travel and is adjustable internally. When I made it, I purposely designed and fit it so that I could remove the adjustment screws completely without seriously impacting pre and post travel. It rivals all but a well tuned 1911/2011 trigger in feel and can be made comparable to even those triggers with a drop in comp hammer. Yes that hammer would require potential fitting to get the safety working right....The required fitting is easily accomplished at home by all but the most inept tinkerer, but it can be avoided altogether by replacing the sear with an adjustable CGW sear. It currently breaks at a little over 2lbs with the factory hammer and sear and has only a little bit of creep, so I haven't popped for the hammer.

The magwell is CZC's IDPA legal one and it reportedly fits in the box. I'm just a club level shooter (and not a very good one of those) so my gun hasn't been subjected to that level of scrutiny.

Edited by JKW

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly what I shoot and love it. And I also have a Trojan...in the safe. I also use a SP01 for SSP and don't have to adjust to different grip etc It fits the box easily with 18 rd SP01 mags trimmed to fit magwell.

Edited by johes