Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DIY trigger job P320

want2race

What rear sight is that?

I didn't recognize the rear or front sights. On some of the team guns we have been testing a SIG adjustable from a P220 Match Elite that really offers a nice sight picture and better matches the slide profile of the P320. Not sure what it will have when it comes to market.

Yes i love the way it feels do you do them for money? Is that apex trigger?

No, the pictured trigger is a SIG flat trigger similar to what you might see on a SIG SAO Legion. There is also a Grayguns flat trigger that is being tested.

Grayguns caries some medium, full size grips with 36 grit texturing. http://grayguns.com/products/p320-grip-modules-aggressively-textured-competition-atc-grip/

If you need something other than that you can PM me.

The latest ive heard is late June. If anyone has anymore info on that, let us know!

Im guessing price will be 275ish or less. Expensive but at least its cheaper and faster than a trigger job.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest ive heard is late June. If anyone has anymore info on that, let us know!

Im guessing price will be 275ish or less. Expensive but at least its cheaper and faster than a trigger job.

Make it under $200 and Sig has a real opportunity to draw some Glock and M&P shooters into the fold.... closer to $300 is to high for a DIY drop in, especially if you don't need/want 3 different trigger shoes. I'd rather buy an off the shelf Competition model for MSRP than put another $300 into my P320F.

Installing that new trigger upgrade kit from gray guns, especially the actual trigger pad/trigger shoe, is it still production legal?

If the trigger is offered in another model that is on the list. For example, if they put the flat trigger in the Target model from the factory, then once the Target is on the Production list, you can put that trigger in your 320.

So I took my new P320 FS to the range today for the first time. I installed Dawson sights (FO front, plain rear) onto it yesterday evening. I had to take quite a bit of material off of them to get them fit (and I smashed my thumb and split my finger nail during the process)... more from the front than the rear but a fair amount off both.

The trigger on the gun doesn't have the infamous "double click" unless I use two hands to extremely slowly pull the trigger... no matter how hard I try, I can't get it to happen pulling it with just my trigger finger because the clicks are darn near simultaneously. That's the good news. The bad news is that the pull, while reasonably crisp, is all of 8 pounds as measured on my gauge.

When shooting the pistol, I seem like it was hitting left about 3" or so at 20 yards. I'm 90% sure it's the gun (the sights are as close to centered as I could get them), but with an 8# pull there is no way to be positive that I'm not pushing the trigger a little bit. So the quest begins, I suppose. I REALLY wish there was a simple and affordable solution akin to something like an Apex kit for the M&P. However, it appears that I'm going to have to tear into the gun and start stoning and polishing. If anyone has any pointers, it would be appreciated. As much as I would love a full-blown Gray Guns treatment, I simply can't see spending $300 on the trigger of a $500 gun. My experience with spending $$$ on a Vanek trigger for my Glock taught me that 90% of the pull can often be achieved with a little work for about 20% of the cost.

Scott Springer observed that the P320s have a left bias so if you have your sights perfectly centered, chances are still that the POI will be slightly left until you adjust.

For me dry fire brought the pull weight down a pound. Basic polishing brought it down another pound. I have one gun that am testing the Grayguns drop-in kit in. That one is at or slightly below 3lb; however, Bruce plans on selling just the trigger if you don't want the whole kit. The new geometry on the trigger itself seems to be the equivalent of going to a Glock 3.5lb connector. In the P320 just dropping that in takes you down another two pounds or so.

The kit also has a new sear, reduced power sear springs, and also modified triggerbar spring. No idea on the price but based on other GGI kits and how much he has invested into R&D my guess is that you will save time, but not a lot of money by doing the full kit yourself.

Thanks, Alma... good info there. The "left bias" thing probably means I should drift the rear a little bit. I loctited the front in place but I left the rear as a friction fit just in case -- I figured that made sense since it has a set screw. It shouldn't take much since I wasn't seeing a whole lot of POI/POA shift unless I was taking the distance out past about 12-15 yards. A few of the Glocks I owned seemed about that same or worse with the shift to the left. (Of course, if you mention that somewhere like glocktalk or the like, you'll get lectured on how the gun is perfect and you just don't know how to pull the trigger.) I also noticed that with 124gr full power loads, the Dawson sights seemed to require a cover sight picture since my usual 6 o'clock hold was putting them a little lower than I like. I'm hoping that when I switch over to 147gr at around 125-130PF, it should bring POI up to where the 6 o'clock hold will work again, but either way it's probably not enough for me to bother replacing the front sight.

The trigger pull feel, IMO, really benefits from the solid trigger design (over the bladed or hinged safeties on other triggers); and that's one of the reasons why I decided to give the platform a try. Even at 8#, it "feels" better than most other striker guns with lighter pulls.

I have a large grip module on the way from topgun. I'm hoping that it improves feel even more. I'd love to dig into it with some epoxy / grit like you did; but until I can find these grips more readily for less than the $50+ I'm paying to get this one shipped to me, I'm going to probably just go the grip tape route for now. I can't afford to booger the new one up too much at this point with experimentation unless I can bring the price point down a little bit on a replacement. Worst case, I'll use the medium grip that it came with to test out the process.

I really want to send the slide off to L&M to get milled for the RMR, but I'm going to hold off until I see what the Romeo1 is like. If it's worth going to with an RX, I'll probably buy a compact gun and get that milled for the RMR for use as a defensive gun instead and use a Romeo1 for something like USPSA CO.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So far we've got June, soon, September, shot 2017, kits are in production, its are NOT in production...

Which one is it dudes? Either say something worthwhile or dont say anything at all...I understand that production timelines change. I get that but its getting a little ridiculous here...