Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People who don't pay

blacklab

When someone has a problem I have to drop everything and run to there rescue. They don't care that I have to miss a match or if it's Christmas or Easter. When everything is back in working order I'm there hero. But when they get the bill they give me every excuse in the book why they can't pay. They don't seem to care that all my bills are still due at the end of the month and they don't seem to care that I can't pay my bills on time.

Then they tell me that I'm too expensive. I'm not expensive, my insurances are expensive, my tools are expensive, maintaining trucks is expensive, gas is expensive, material is expensive, leasing my shop is expensive, office supplies are expensive, taxes are expensive, licenses are expensive, permits are expensive, phone bills are expensive, electric bills are expensive, but I'm not expensive. They don't seem to care that I get to keep a very very small part of the final bill.

I give a honest days work and expect a honest days pay. But they don't think that fair.

If this post offends anyone I'm sorry, but please keep in mind that when you have someone come out and do work at your house or business they have bills to pay too.

I appreciate the craftsman and skilled tradesmen that come to my house when I am in need. To be honest, I am not the Mr. Fix-it type and almost never have been able to do-it-myself. My father told me long ago, sometimes you pay to have people do what they are good at. It will cost you more in mistakes and your own time in the long run.

As long as the estimates are honest, and the work is quality, I would never complain, and I would especially never "Not Pay".

When someone has a problem I have to drop everything and run to there rescue. They don't care that I have to miss a match or if it's Christmas or Easter. When everything is back in working order I'm there hero. But when they get the bill they give me every excuse in the book why they can't pay. They don't seem to care that all my bills are still due at the end of the month and they don't seem to care that I can't pay my bills on time.

Then they tell me that I'm too expensive. I'm not expensive, my insurances are expensive, my tools are expensive, maintaining trucks is expensive, gas is expensive, material is expensive, leasing my shop is expensive, office supplies are expensive, taxes are expensive, licenses are expensive, permits are expensive, phone bills are expensive, electric bills are expensive, but I'm not expensive. They don't seem to care that I get to keep a very very small part of the final bill.

I give a honest days work and expect a honest days pay. But they don't think that fair.

If this post offends anyone I'm sorry, but please keep in mind that when you have someone come out and do work at your house or business they have bills to pay too.

I hope you are not an electrician! I got an estimate of $300 to re attach 4 existing wires to a hot tub! Don't care what his bills are like,, that's highway robbery! Googled it and did it myself in less than 10 minutes.

But, if I agreed to it I still would have paid it.:)

Edited by Sarge

for many years I have felt

bill collection

from either direction

was what separated the wealthy from the not so.

If you can resist paying a bill you are that much richer

it you can collect the coin, you are that much richer.

some not paying for a service that was requested is wrong and is committing robbery

You have my sympathy.

luck on the collection.

miranda

I have an honest plumber. It makes all the difference in the world. I simply call him, he shows up and does the work, and tells me what I owe him. Never once have I felt he's asked me for more than he earned. On several occasions, I thought he was under charging me. He's also been very helpful with referrals to other people who do different kinds of work. I wouldn't give him up for anything.

Sarge,

Unfortunately there are some dishonest contractors around, but I pride myself on being a honest plumber.

Me too and I HATE when I go to a customer's house on a Saturday morning, repair their no heat problem, send an invoice, they acknowledge receiving the invoice and 45 days later I am still not paid.

My solution now is next time they call, tell them to get someone else. I expect to be paid within 5 days unless you make other arrangements.

Also, if you want to negotiate price, do it before I do the work, not after you get the bill :ph34r:

I ran my own business for about 14-15 years and, for the most part, was paid on time or--in the terms of many of my projects--paid upon delivery of the product. But there are always a handful of losers out there who don't honor either express or implied contracts, and doing business is, yes, expensive, with lots of overhead and costs just to keep one's doors open. I, too, feel your pain as it applies to deadbeats. Ya gotta wonder what in hell they're thinking when they choose to NOT pay their bills!! It's essentially a breach of contract. :angry:

Same here ,self employed all my life during my service years,having enough ppl who wouldn't pay 36 dollars- 75 dollars as account receivables reached 70 grand 1st all late payments went to a collection agency,after that Cash at time of service,yes my old faithful griped ,we're offended, I told them the truth, all adapted,Cash at time of service or sales is only way forward,forget about checks in the mail,it's in my hands or hands of those working for me.

Wow long post sorry, after that my stress levels went way down,

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

<p>This Hate rant has turned into a discussion, which is beyond the bounds of the rules for the Hate Forum. Thus, it must be closed.<br /><br />Please review the Hate Forum Rules:<br />http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097<br /><br />[note: this is a generic response]<br /></p>