Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Enos Forum Member Shoot

I would think a big match with prizes, shirts (items to generate $ for the website) etc. would be a good deal. I am sure vendors would come and support, as well a gun raffle. Get some of the HOT shooters to give a clinic or two, yada yada. We could have forum members submit stage designs too. :)

This is definitely a major match you're describing. :) Which is cool. The biggest difference is that the bigger the match, the bigger the commitment on the part of the match staff.

I agree - we should be able to get all the stage designs internally, I'd think. You're absolutely right that we need local support, wherever the match is to be held. I'm sure there's lots of stuff on the forum about how to run a big match :) It can be quite complex :) I'd think that, with all the talents we have here, we should be able to put it all together without *too* much stress on any one person, though....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could handle it at the Silver Creek Conservation Club with 12 bays now, but we would have to make it in the Fall or next Spring for the weather to be civil. Arizona in January sounds good to me but we need someone from Rio Salado to step up and make arrangements for the range.

So Volunteer Already!!!

:D

When is the Ohio thing that BE was thinking of doing? If not AZ, then I vote Texas (oooh big surprise). It's central from everywhere. DFW will get you close to Waco or the Double Tap Ranch. There are ranges in Austin, Houston. But prize tables are a pain in the keester...How about Ring Dings and Beer for prizes? :lol:

But prize tables are a pain in the keester...How about Ring Dings and Beer for prizes?    :lol:

We can have Zen prizes

There is no prize.

;)

The prize table would be the ability to shoot a Benosverse match ---- who needs prizes when you get a chance to hang and shoot with the cool kids? The rewards are found in the moments between the shooting...... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The grand prize should be the experience of the match!!!!

Let the proceeds go to the Forum!!!

Now the shoot-off is another thing altogether!!! Can you imagine the bragging rights of the shoot-off on the forum for an entire year!!!!!

Shootoff by class?? Shootoff by ego-size as determined by a panel of anonymous forum members?? :lol:

Perhaps a different tack on location.... Maybe we ought to have the match somewhere where we have someone willing to host it???? :lol: Seriously (and I apologize for not knowing everyone) - is anyone on here from the Phoenix area, and would be willing to be "range liason" to Rio Salado?? If not, we have a lost cause there.... I'm sure we could pull the rest of the match staff together out of our ranks, but.... :)

right, but I imagine that most of us will be sawdust under the feet of folks like Jake or PaulW or Smitty, Flex or any number of others...how much braggin will that get you, Zman???

NO NO NO, not me, but the winner!!!! Never intended to say I could win!!! No, never!

Unless they decide to have a class shoot-off ;)

There are a pile of folks on here from Phoenix as well as lots of other good locations.

We need to keep ease of travel in mind here. No fly in and drive 2 hours venues. No small airports served by puddle jumper gun-unfriendly airlines with exhorbitant ticket prices. If it isn't served by Southwest Airlines then that is a major minus in my book...but that is just me.

No gun unfriendly states either.

Seriously though, if we are going think of having this in January 2006 we best get going with some solid plans now or it just won't come together in time.

I have some stage designs I can contribute once we have a MD.

There are a pile of folks on here from Phoenix as well as lots of other good locations.

That's what I thought, but... :)

We need to keep ease of travel in mind here.  No fly in and drive 2 hours venues.  No small airports served by puddle jumper gun-unfriendly airlines with exhorbitant ticket prices.  If it isn't served by Southwest Airlines then that is a major minus in my book...but that is just me.

No gun unfriendly states either.

This all makes perfect sense to me. Central within the country helps those that might wish to drive and not risk flying with their firearms. Obviously, any location is a compromise of all these things.

Seems like the most important thing would be having it where someone is willing to host it, and do the large amount of legwork required to make a match happen at the venue :)

Seriously though, if we are going think of having this in January 2006 we best get going with some solid plans now or it just won't come together in time.

I have some stage designs I can contribute once we have a MD.

I'll be happy to contribute in this way, and others, too. You're right - a January match is "right around the corner" in terms of planning, etc... Date slippage might occur, here...

I'm there in Jan 2006... and we'll have to shoot "Badger, Badger, Badger," a 29-round stage I just designed. Now to get it onto a template. :D

:lol:

aaaaahahahahaha

Badger badger badger, mushroom........

That cracked me up 300lb :D

If I could figure out a way to afford to get from MI to AZ I'd be all for it.

I'm there in Jan 2006... and we'll have to shoot "Badger, Badger, Badger," a 29-round stage I just designed. Now to get it onto a template. :D

:lol:

aaaaahahahahaha

Badger badger badger, mushroom........

That cracked me up 300lb :D

If I could figure out a way to afford to get from MI to AZ I'd be all for it.

Cool! Speaking of that... I just designed "aaaaaaaaaaaaahaha". 18-round speed shoot.

When is the Ohio thing that BE was thinking of doing?  If not AZ, then I vote Texas (oooh big surprise).  It's central from everywhere.  DFW will get you close to Waco or the Double Tap Ranch.  There are ranges in Austin, Houston.  But prize tables are a pain in the keester...How about Ring Dings and Beer for prizes?    :lol:

I am game for the DFW area. Waco has a great range. Hell that would only be 7 hr drive for us!!!!!!!

Who cares about the prizes, just make it a party!

There's a private range, in the Houston area, that could accommodate an event like this (the owner is a friend of mine). No puddle jumper flights in (arrive at Bush Intercontinental or Hobby airports). Plenty of lodging and fun stuff to do...

...and less drive time for Mark and Tracy. ;)

I can find a match host with the help of forum members. If anyone is willing to step forward in AZ I will do my utmost to help in any way I can. Are there any members here from the Rio?