Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MG or PD 124 hp

Sandbagger123

I have used MG only for years but recently bought some PD 124HP TO try. The PD were just as accurate in my guns and as a plus they are much faster than MG. The only negative I can recall about PD is they were virtually impossible to get during the last bullet shortage. MG seemed to be the longest to keep stock. But if you plan ahead and try to keep a few years worth on hand that's not critical.

MG seem overpriced these days and I am leaning towards PD next time

I tried some PD JHP when they first came out several years ago. They wouldn't group out of 3 different open pistols for me.

Does anyone know if they've changed the design or manufacturing process since then? I'm willing to try them again, if so.

If you look at this months issue of front sight MG's were the preferred bullet in both limited and open. I shoot production and have tried both and saw no appreciable difference in performance of the MG's over the PD's. Maybe buy a thousand of each and find out what is better in your gun. Then go ahead and make the plunge and buy quantity.

I tried some PD JHP when they first came out several years ago. They wouldn't group out of 3 different open pistols for me.

Does anyone know if they've changed the design or manufacturing process since then? I'm willing to try them again, if so.

I'd definitely suggest giving them another try.

I don't know of anyone having accuracy issues with PD bullets currently.

I have used 124 grain PD JHPs in my CZ Czechmate, worked well. I have moved to Blue Bullets now saving more $$$

3600 125gn case $242.00 - 5% = $0.064 ea.

yeah i have a bunch of BBI 125 and they work well, but they vary quite a bit in weight. up to 2 grains. i want some good stuff for L2 and up where it matters.

That makes sense. PD is close enough to me that a group of locals would get together on a group buy with a one-case minimum, and one of our locals with family down there would go pick them up. So I've fired around 30,000 of their 124 & 147 FMJs.

I can say that both of those would vary in weight by less than 0.5gr from bullet to bullet, and now that I shoot BBIs almost exclusively, you're right. Some of my 135s weigh a grain or two more than another bullet will.

I have not used MG but the most accurate loads I have developed are with PD 124gr JHP, they will hold a 1" group from a rest at 25yds, fired from my CZ P09 with a red dot sight. Ive had good luck with Hornady's HAP, but still not quite as good as PD for whatever reason.