Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Meeting Out Of Town Be'rs

carinab

Had the fortune of shooting a local steel match today and meeting Twix. He was down in the DFW area for business and decided to shoot. Cooler still, he ended up on my squad. He was readily identifiable as a Benoverse member because of his spiffy BE shirt. It's funny to meet someone you've been talking with online. Kinda' like meeting a radio dj you've listened to. The person rarley looks like the picture in your mind's eye.

I'm looking forward to meeting more BE'rs...course it'd be easier if some of y'all would sign up on squad 22 for Area 3....not that I'm nagging.... ;)

Yeah, this is always cool.

I met MikeyG23 this weekend in Waco.

He came up to me and said, "You're DJPoLo, right?".

It was neat. I don't know how he knew it was me, I was all incognito and stuff. B)

-Chet

*Note: Edited to fix name.

Edited by DJPoLo

Yeah, this is always cool.

I met Mike4045 this weekend in Waco.

He came up to me and said, "You're DJPoLo, right?".

It was neat. I don't know how he knew it was me, I was all incognito and stuff. B)

-Chet

He could probably see his reflection in your dome. :P;)

It's funny how many people are on BE and from/in/around SoCal. Every couple of matches someone will notice my real name and say "you're 300lbGorilla, aren't you?" Fun stuff. Then there's today: warpspeed brought his daughter along and in introducing her to me he told her that I'm the blinking eye. :D Say high to Zoey for me, Ward. ;)

BTW, I'm pretty sure I shot with 3 other BE'ers today... that's just on my squad.

I've said it before...

When the forum was first starting, I was bummed when I heard that other forum members were getting to shoot matches together. I didn't know any forum member within a few hundred miles.

Sunday, I got to shoot with a squad full of forum members...representing 4 states. This was a local match. Awesome.

THANKS BRIAN!!!

It was great to see ong45 and (yes even our own prodigal son) erik warren at the match this weekend. Ong45 is fast a greased lighting and watching him shoot is like seeing someone exist in a totally different time zone. Erik is like grape soda. You're not sure why you like it, but it's good. Hopefully they can make it out more as the weather clears up over the pass and we can reciprocate. It's definitely better when they are around.

As far as SoCal goes, Cullen you're going to have to tell me the insider's shooting schedule. I want to come down and shoot with ya'll this summer. Are you going to The Silver Buckle?

Cheers,

Alvin

The pleasure of meeting CarinaB was all mine, she just beat me to the post. Alot like she did at the match. :D

CB is a very cool lady and I look forward to the next time we shoot together.

Ain't this Beonsverse great?

Thanks Brian.

I shot the BAPS match while I was down in Houston for the NRA Convention and found out on the next to last stage that I was shooting with forum member NEWBIE. Had a great time. Nice to meet you Frank.

The stage names were hilarious. All named for Lee D.

Run Lee Run

Not named for Lee

Lee D. is my Hero

Lee Shoots a shorty

Lee Drives a short Bus

Looking forward to putting more faces with BENOVERSE user names at Space City. I'll hang my badge on my range bag.

As far as SoCal goes, Cullen you're going to have to tell me the insider's shooting schedule.  I want to come down and shoot with ya'll this summer.  Are you going to The Silver Buckle?

Cheers,

Alvin

Well, we have matches at Norco every Saturday, Prado every third Sunday, and Gopher Flats (where the Infinity was) every fourth Sunday.

I hadn't thought about the Silver Buckle, but yes, I think I will go. In fact, I'm gonna register tomorrow. Yuma's this weekend. Should be fun having a minor major every month for the next 4 months (if I can make LdF and the GBC).

Linea del Fuego is happening at the end of July in San Diego... 400+ rounds, 8 stages :o

AFA the summer goes, I may or may not be in SoCal after June... we shall see.

• 1 month later...