Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Core, legal?

twister

You must really like pizza. Assuming you're asking about the M&P Performance Center 9.

Not 100%, but with a barrel swap, yes.

Only plus I see in using one for SSP is the over travel stop that the pro doesn't have. Otherwise you're probably still goin to gut the internals and go with Apex.

If you are considering buying a CORE for this purpose, take a close look at the rear sight. Your options are more limited if you intend on running it without optics.

Agreed on this point. The CORE was designed to mount an optic so the sights are MUCH taller. If you don't plan to mount an optic, just try and find a 9L or a Pro Series

I have a 9mm CORE and have shot it in matches with the iron sights. Those tall sights make a GREAT sight picture. I had to call Dawson to get the right front sight height. The original sight was shooting 5 inches high at 25 yards with the KKM unported barrel I installed. But those 'suppressor' sized iron sights are very good once you get them zeroed.

The reason I was considering the core, my lgs has a sale going on for the core, I was there to look at a 9mm Pro, which would cost $150 more than the core. I don't plan on putting any optics on it. Thanks, Dave.

If I'm reading this right it should be allowed as long as the barrel isn't ported

8.1.6.5 With respect to slide machining, SSP, ESP, CCP, CDP and BUG, Original Equipment

Manufacturer (OEM) firearms with extensive slide machining are approved for use in IDPA if they

meet all other requirements for their respective Divisions. For slide machining, an OEM product is

defined as a complete firearm product, with specific model part numbers or SKUs catalogued as stock

items by the manufacturer and have a minimum annual production of 2,000 units for that specific

model. Discontinued models must have had a total production of 20,000 units for a specific model.