Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bad range day

v1911

Spend the time to load up some HST with various powders.

I get the the range and I find out my chrony was left on and the 9v battery is dead.

Ok, save the chrony for another day. Let's see what kind of accuracy I can squeeze out.

I load up the rounds only to find that they passed the plunk test but OAL was too long for the mags.....

Waste of an afternoon....

Yeah wasted range trips annoy me too. I once went to do a bunch of chrono work and forgot mags. I thought I could work through it by loading single rounds but NO. Packed up and went home

ahahahahahahhaha! hohohohohohohohohoho!

you REMEMBERED your ammo?

don't kick your self too hard, sometimes things go wrong.

good news is that you are very unlikely to make that mistake again.

miranda

Sometimes I forget to bring something to the range. It really sucks because I have to walk all the way across my yard to the house, and if my wife is nearby I have to take my shoes off to get to my man cave and retrieve the forgotten item.

I was going to close this as a discussion, but I think Tony needs a few more posts to thank him for his helpful story.. ;)

I was thinking a "blanket party" a la Full Metal Jacket was more appropriate. :)

Sometimes I forget to bring something to the range. It really sucks because I have to walk all the way across my yard to the house, and if my wife is nearby I have to take my shoes off to get to my man cave and retrieve the forgotten item.

I know what you mean, Tony! I don't mind the 40 yards back to the basement door but, having to pull off my muddy boots really ticks me off. :angry2:

It's a good 25 minimum to my closest range (15 to indoor but no chrono allowed)

I've got there having forgotten the battery for my chrono, and worst I got to a match once and forgot my gun. :)

Red

WAAAAH!!!

I've forgotten a battery, but just popped into a store and bought a new one .... took

an extra half hour. :cheers:

That would have put me at 40min late to work that day. :ph34r: