Bought a CZ SP-01 Shadow and hate it

GARD72977

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For DA smoothness, you want to soften the harsh angle. Don't go to pound town with a dremel on setting 9, lol. Just use a diamond bit, lowest setting on rotary, and just make a few passes before and after the angle or "inner elbow," if that makes sense.

OK, so try to create a curve rather than a corner?
Can you see how it compares to the straight line, kind of like a wave? Very minimal, but will make all the difference in the DA pull. It'll take out stack. Kneeling Atlas has perfected it, I'm just passing on the good word on how to do it :)

20160302_200248_zpsgchbcdfg.jpg

20160302_200238_zps1cinv4um.jpg

That's great stuff TJART! You should re post it in the tuning thread

Will do, brotha. Edited by TJART

you just need to get use to it, i used to shoot my Glock over anything, after i got myself the CZ Shadow i stop shooting my Glock and pretty much just stick with my shadow.

For DA smoothness, you want to soften the harsh angle. Don't go to pound town with a dremel on setting 9, lol. Just use a diamond bit, lowest setting on rotary, and just make a few passes before and after the angle or "inner elbow," if that makes sense.

OK, so try to create a curve rather than a corner?
Can you see how it compares to the straight line, kind of like a wave? Very minimal, but will make all the difference in the DA pull. It'll take out stack. Kneeling Atlas has perfected it, I'm just passing on the good word on how to do it :)

20160302_200248_zpsgchbcdfg.jpg

20160302_200238_zps1cinv4um.jpg

That's great stuff TJART! You should re post it in the tuning thread

Will do, brotha.
So a tiny smooth curve instead of a 90 degree corner is peferable?

I typically go the opposite route and take material away from the trigger bar instead of the disco.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

ES13Raven wants me to see me beat the video he posted. I thought it was 4 and 4 but after watching the video again it is 5 and 5. The video is 3.79 I shot 3.40 but was two splits short. I would have been .5 faster or better with the Glock. Im still getting the hang of the CZ. My splits and reloads are slow but with some practice they will come around.

Cant figure out how to post a video so here is a link

I had the same experience when I got mine. The factory trigger is not that great. I had the trigger tuned up, CGW, and now I like it quite a bit. Now, I still don't really love the gun though because I have so many issues reloading for it. I have to load so much shorter for it than all of my other pistols, including my TS. Trying to sort out how to resolve that issue.

I have the same issue... My Cts likes a shorter COAL than my shadow. I could run the shorter CTS load in the Shadow... But I am going to throat the barrels to match. I am currently experimenting with 130gr .358 ...

Holy crap, you are giving up after 120 rounds?! Someone is going to get a great deal. Any time you switch platforms EVERYTHING IS off. It often takes a couple thousand rounds to get to where you were with your previous setup... but by then, you are seeing improvements in all the other aspects of your shooting. You are absolutely nuts to think you'd be magically better (or whatever you expected) at 120 rounds through the gun. Sell it to someone who will actually stick with it, they will reap the rewards for sticking with the change. I went to a Tac Sport from a G35 and took about 500 rounds to get to where I was (and a lot of dry fire) and then moved up a class less than a month later.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

For the guys talking about plastic vs steel...

My reasons for going to Tanfo at the end of this season have nothing to do with a lighter trigger pull.

After all, this pops CCI and S&B, and you'll never feel the difference between 1.5lb and 2.75lb when the buzzer goes off.

image.jpeg

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

My reasons for going to Tanfo at the end of this season have nothing to do with a lighter trigger pull.

After all, this pops CCI and S&B, and you'll never feel the difference between 1.5lb and 2.75lb when the buzzer goes off.

Certainly you can learn to shoot very well with the triggers in some of the polymer guns, or with revolvers for that matter.

But it is just easier if you have a short travel distance, no stacking, & crisp breaking trigger. I would agree that weight up to some reasonable limit makes little difference. I had a Les Baer that came with about a 4lb trigger and I never found reason to change it. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

3 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

But it is just easier if you have a short travel distance, no stacking, & crisp breaking trigger. 

Those.

Those would be the primary reasons I'm going to a Stock 3.

Aside, of course, from various other factors. Such as "all the cool kids are doing it."

Edited by MemphisMechanic

11 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

For the guys talking about plastic vs steel...

image.jpeg

I went from a similar M&P to a CZ. I wanted a new gun to play with and wanted to shoot something more similar to the way my 1911 felt (but something production division legal).