Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What ambi safety should I get?

DoBell

I've tried several different thumb safetys through the years and finally settled on the LSI (Lone Star Innovations) ambi safety with nice wide panels.

Fitting the new safety to your gun is a snap. It uses a small setscrew to fit the safety to the sear versus the old method of filing to fit. This also allows the safety to be reused if you ever need to change out the sear in your match gun.

Glenn's online store is not yet up and running but here is his website with contact information.

http://lonestarinnovations.com/

Swenson Ambi Thumb Shield Safety.

Shooters connection has them. $89.

Needs some fitting, and you need to ride your thumb on it while you're shooting so you don't bump the safety "on" on the strong side.

But it is really nice because of the high sides keep your thumb from riding the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I've tried a few different ambi safeties and I've had better luck with ones that use an extended hammer pin to help retain the right side. Without that most will eventually start separating on me. The EGW is a really nice safety and is what I have on my STIs. Very nice machine work. Make sure to order it with an STI pin.

http://www.egwguns.com/index.php?p=product&id=149

I've searched this forum a bit and haven't found a lot of answers so I'm asking the question: I have an STI open gun and I'm left handed. What ambi safety would you recommend?

Thanks, I appreciate it!

I had 2 Open Guns built with SV's both broke, Went with Lone star Ambi GREAT and very very Wide