Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR10 Mag pouch for 3-gun Heavy Metal

EDA

I'm looking for a mag pouch for my 3-gun Heavy Metal belt.

I know Blade-tech makes one for around $50, and I found the Safariland 774 for around $25.

Any other options that I'm missing? Ideally would like a dual-pouch like my Bladetech AR15 one, but haven't found anything yet.

I also use the Pmag 7.62 mags if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

ITW Fastmag 7.62. Fits all 7.62 magazines regardless of bullet direction. They are a clamshell design with a thick rubber strap that provides tension. They hold secure and are not finicky with how you draw the mag from them. I have the molle version and simply adapted them for the belt with Blade Tech parts.

Kuan

Yes, they make belt mounted pouches. http://www.highspeedgear.com/Belt-Mount.html

I use them on a leg rig because of lack of real estate on my waist, but I've seen several guys use them on the belt too.

The one downside of them I've seen is there isn't a lot of magazine sticking out of them. The mag is still easy enough to grab, but depending on your style of loading, you may have to shift the mag slightly in your hand, or stick something small in the bottom of the pouch to raise the mag up 1/2" or so. (Assuming you're using 20 round mags with no extended base pads).

Edited by Bryan 45

The really nice thing about their leg rig is it has pouches for 2 rifle mags and 3 pistol mags. For heavy metal, I usually have two pistol mags on my belt, 3 pistol mags on my leg rig, and 2 rifle mags on the leg rig. If it's unloaded rifle start, I'll stick a spare 3rd mag in my back pocket still. Leaves plenty of room on the belt for shotgun shells.

Hmm, I need to think about the leg rig. Using a 36" belt doesn't give me alot of real estate. Does it seem secure enough when you're shooting from non-standing positions (ie prone?)

Hmm, I need to think about the leg rig. Using a 36" belt doesn't give me alot of real estate. Does it seem secure enough when you're shooting from non-standing positions (ie prone?)

Yes. It holds mags plenty secure enough to make sure aren't going to leave anything laying on the ground when you get up from prone. I used it at Blue Ridge this past fall, which is one of the most physical matches in the country. No issues with stuff falling out. That includes jumping out of the barn loft.

Full disclosure- I'm not sponsored by HSGI and paid for my leg rig. :). I just like their products.

Edited by Bryan 45

Yes. It holds mags plenty secure enough to make sure aren't going to leave anything laying on the ground when you get up from prone. I used it at Blue Ridge this past fall, which is one of the most physical matches in the country. No issues with stuff falling out. That includes jumping out of the barn loft.

Full disclosure- I'm not sponsored by HSGI and paid for my leg rig. :). I just like their products.

Are you wearing this on Sunday? I'd like to check it out -

Are you wearing this on Sunday? I'd like to check it out -

Yes, I'll have it.

I use Tacos for Tac Ops, and I ended up putting screws through the MOLLE straps so I could attach the pouches to a small TMMS inner. I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing with an ELS or any other belt mount. It works very well for me.

• 1 month later...

Got my HSG Double Decker 308 mag holder today. I believe I'm going to like it. Three 308 holders and three 45's. Very sercure but also easy to get. They made it and shipped in 4 days

post-33686-0-00645100-1461460070_thumb.j

Edited by Maize

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the 2+1 TACO. Excellent pouch! Fits my 308 and 223 AR mags + 1 pistol slot. Perfect for both Ltd and Heavy Metal! Thanks everyone for the recs!