Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ugh - Brass Plated Steel Case

ToneSurfer

So I came across another set of headstamps which are now brass plated steel - "Freedom Munitions", and "FM" are now 'on the list', along with Sellier and Bellot.

Seems like Freedom came out with a new ammo line in December, American Steel or something. Didn't discover it until today, after I wet tumbled some range pickups. All the Freedom stuff came out splotchy and dark bronze, almost brown. Seems the pins are able to rub the plating right off it. I stuck em to a magnet, yup, steel cased.

So now along with the .380 and .40 driving me mad, I've got this to sort through now. :)

Not all S&B 9mm are primer crunchers, the ones marked as 9MM luger are for sure. The cases marked 9x19 are perfect and about all I am using at the moment.

Thanks for the info - I never noticed that, and have been ditching ALL S&B cases for years now.

I'll start looking for 9 x 19's. :cheers:

This is getting to be too much..............sort, don't sort... head stamp sort, no head stamp sort... crimped, not crimped.........brass, not brass, or steel brass.......magnet or no magnet...CBC, PPU FM and others good or no good.

Good grief.......what's next.

Oh ...... wet tumble or dry tumble...air/sun/fan dry or oven dry............home oven dry or dehydrator dry... tray pack in 50/100 trays or zip lock bags.........zip locks bags with air or with air removed (Vacumm packed)... ammo can storage with or without desiccant packs.........

And finally...reload or buy factory and if factory...........hoard or not to hoard.

I have a headache CPU overlaod.