Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A new Division called "Provisional"

Richc2048

I don't see why there hasn't been provisional divisions all throughout USPSA history each year or six months. Make it an understanding that provisional does not even slightly imply that it will be recognized as a real division in the future, but let the ideas go into action and see what sticks and what can be put into the history books of tried and failed.

It can be called "provisional division" It can be changed every six months. Read up on what the regulations are for this experimental division, if you have the gear already or it sounds interesting enough to try it... go for it! It can be released 6 months in advance to let people get ready for it if they want to try it. We are in the age of instant communication and feedback. These ideas can be tried and feedback can be given directly on USPSA website. USPSA will know if you have been to a match shooting the current provisional division and feedback can be given. Those who give feedback on a division they haven't tried can be politely told to suck an egg.

Like right now, it is February 2016. We can be enjoying carry optics. July 2016 will be Factory Limited. The rules for this are posted on USPSA. Once it is July, January 2017 Provisional division will be.... Pistol Caliber Carbine. Input for July 2017 Provisional division can be shared in our forum thread titled, July 2017 Provisional Division

Anyone else feel like experimenting?

I'm just putting ideas out there. It doesn't hurt my feeling if it doesn't happen.

Think outside the box. Don't let the sport die out because changing things is like pulling teeth with some people.

Edited by Richc2048

Richc, I apologize. There have been lots of posts recommending things like "Production 15" to try to make a point about how they feel about the current provisional divisions. Now that I read yours again you seem to be offering a way to organize and try things out versus making an attempt to thumb your nose at the current new initiatives. My bad.

Factory Limited, Production 15, PCC. They're all great ideas. Brainstorming is not a bad thing at all. It'd be nice to see the ideas of members being implemented on a regular basis. It took too long for something like carry optics to even be considered.

Not a terrible idea, but I could see some problems. Firs of all I would do at least an entire year/season not 6 mo. Then the other thing would be If it was something like production 15 I think you could get some participation, but if it is something like CO before it came out. I dont think a lot of people are going to invest in an optic and mill their slide for something they know is only going to last a year... Not to mention other possibilities that have even more expensive equipment like PCC.

I'm just saying anything that stays the same will eventually fade out.

I think the sport is at a point where we can stay the same and see minimal growth or even loss or try new things and see Uspsa go a different direction of engaging members, increase interest, and add a new passion to the sport.

I guess my words did sound like it's dying. That's not what I intended. I just didn't want it to be stale for prospective members.

How about BB guns(whoops, sorry, I meant air powered weapons, don't want to offend anyone :goof: ) Just think, very little noise, we could run matches in our back yards (or garage), no dangerous gunpowder or primers to deal with, and no compensators either. It's still a test of skill without all the noise, danger, and local officials trying to shut us down. What's wrong with this idea? While we're trying to please everyone, let's include everyone. After this, then we have to address "Nerf" guns.

How about BB guns(whoops, sorry, I meant air powered weapons, don't want to offend anyone :goof: ) Just think, very little noise, we could run matches in our back yards (or garage), no dangerous gunpowder or primers to deal with, and no compensators either. It's still a test of skill without all the noise, danger, and local officials trying to shut us down. What's wrong with this idea? While we're trying to please everyone, let's include everyone. After this, then we have to address "Nerf" guns.

I think you're cookie cutter rant about divisions is out of place.

None of these divisions are for the sake of safety or because of any concern to feeling. You sure you posted that in the correct thread?

I'm just saying anything that stays the same will eventually fade out.

I think the sport is at a point where we can stay the same and see minimal growth or even loss or try new things and see Uspsa go a different direction of engaging members, increase interest, and add a new passion to the sport.

I guess my words did sound like it's dying. That's not what I intended. I just didn't want it to be stale for prospective members.

I believe marathon running started in 490 BC and it hasn't faded much....

Sorry - just messing with you.

Sent by Jedi mind control

Not a terrible idea, but I could see some problems. Firs of all I would do at least an entire year/season not 6 mo. Then the other thing would be If it was something like production 15 I think you could get some participation, but if it is something like CO before it came out. I dont think a lot of people are going to invest in an optic and mill their slide for something they know is only going to last a year... Not to mention other possibilities that have even more expensive equipment like PCC.

Agreed not everywhere gets to shoot year round.

I approve nerf guns

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk