Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 mm Major in L10

Mx556

I am betting that the graphic is wrong.... (or I am curious as why someone would do that?)

ETA (again). It just doesn't make sense since there is no such thing as 9 Major in L-10.

Edited by ChuckS

I always thought 38 super if loaded to major should be allowed to be major in L10, 9mm too I guess. As Larry stated since in L10 there would be no capacity advantage, it would seem a reasonable thing to do.

Only .357SIG is Major with a 9mm bullet in Limited and L10.

In September of 2014, the USPSA BOD approved .357 Sig for Major
power factor in Limited and L10 Divisions, effective January 2015 (Appendices D2 and D3, #5).

Edited by 9x45

I'm aware 357SIG is legal for major in Limited and that 357SIG uses the same bullet as 9mm, but 357SIG loaded major is not the same as 9 major so what does 357SIG have to do with this page out of Front Sight?

Gordon just likes talking about SIG.You know how us old guys get....

I'm aware 357SIG is legal for major in Limited and that 357SIG uses the same bullet as 9mm, but 357SIG loaded major is not the same as 9 major so what does 357SIG have to do with this page out of Front Sight?

Do you think they meant something else other than 357 sig?

Do you think they meant something else other than 357 sig?

I don't know what they meant, what they wrote was 9 major; I guess it make sense they may have meant 357SIG but wrote 9 Major if in fact 3% of the people shooting L10 are shooting 357SIG which I don't know. It's doesn't mean too much to me since I don't shoot Limited nor subscribe to the magazine so I guess I should stop talking :wacko:

Thread drift, but what was the logic behind allowing 9mm major, .38 super, etc. in Open, but not in Limited/L10?

Allowing 9 major in L/L-10 would obsolete all the ,40 guns out there based on mag capacity.

plus people with glocks would blow off their faces.

Thread drift, but what was the logic behind allowing 9mm major, .38 super, etc. in Open, but not in Limited/L10?

Allowing 9 major in L/L-10 would obsolete all the ,40 guns out there based on mag capacity.

Yes of course that would put 9mm at a capacity advantage if the rules changed now. What I was wondering is what was the initial logic when the rule was written for allowing some major calibers on Open, but not Limited/L10?

Some shoot Glocks in Open. Is 9 major harder on the gun without the comp? I don't shoot Open so don't know how that all works. And even if no 9 major why didn't they allow .38 super, 9x23, etc. When creating the rules for Limited?

Yes of course that would put 9mm at a capacity advantage if the rules changed now. What I was wondering is what was the initial logic when the rule was written for allowing some major calibers on Open, but not Limited/L10?

Some shoot Glocks in Open. Is 9 major harder on the gun without the comp? I don't shoot Open so don't know how that all works. And even if no 9 major why didn't they allow .38 super, 9x23, etc. When creating the rules for Limited?

You would have to go dumpster diving in the board minutes from 1992 and before when divisions were born. Might be there. Perhaps is was a Jeff Cooper thing?

You would have to go dumpster diving in the board minutes from 1992 and before when divisions were born. Might be there. Perhaps is was a Jeff Cooper thing?

Hi Chuck, yeah I'm curious, but not THAT curious to go digging through board minutes from 20+ years ago :goof:. Was hoping someone might know since I've been wondering that for a while.