• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, shakazulu12 said:

FB_IMG_1482466421488.jpg

Wonder when we will actually see it at the dealers?  ?

I'd love to know the weight.  And what optic is supposed to fit on it. Hopefully the Romeo 3. 

Edited by BASE772

Grip weight, detachable magwell, plate mounted rear sight. Add a 40 top end and a Romeo and you can shoot Prod, CO, and Limited all off the same frame and trigger group (presumably GG) out of the box for sub $2k. Nice.

2018 looks promising.

34 minutes ago, waktasz said:

Shoot 40 minor and you can do it all with one gun

I tried to work up a 40 minor load with my current 320.  All the loads i tried, either slide went back into battery slowly, was sub minor, or would have more recoil than the 9mm load i use.  I tried different recoil spring weights, different powders, different charges.  Just didnt seem worth the hassle and time honestly.  Im sure others can get it to work fine for them

56 minutes ago, Nick179 said:

Is the length of the grip longer than the current 320 FS?  I have the 21 round mags in 9mm and they have a 1.5" grip spacer.  Pics here seem flush fit assuming it has the 21 rounder in it. 

The front is the same length. Back is shorter. 

I tried some 17 rounders with 140mm extensions and they locked right in. 

You can replace the 21 round magazine base pads with stock 17 round base pads and they will work, or you can replace the base pad with Springer Precision extension and Grams springs for 23 rounds. 

Edited by alma

I've been reflecting on this, and I have to say the attention to detail implies a certain degree of commitment to competition shooting by Sig that I've been very skeptical of up to now (man, is that setting myself up for ridicule). This is not a "slap a fiber optic up front and call it a USPSA model" kind of commitment. It's not just a boutique X5 gun. This looks like the gun the shooting team might have imagined and lobbied for. Bull barrel, grip weights, 140mm mags, detachable magwell, long slide with lightning cut. I mean this looks like a cold, hard USPSA build checklist. I'm trying to think of a feature I would add, and assuming the trigger is good, I'm coming up blank (extended mag release?).

It's hard to imagine this happening without Bruce Gray and the rest of the team, so my hat is off to them. If you believe in Sig's reliability and accuracy (my 226 has proven that to me) then this removes almost every other objection you could have. There's the bore axis trope, and it's not as heavy as a Shadow 2, but what else Is there to stop you? My checkbook felt neglected a few weeks ago, but right now it's got that lovin' feeling.

Edited by gavagai

On 12/23/2016 at 0:46 PM, DKnoch said:

I tried to work up a 40 minor load with my current 320.  All the loads i tried, either slide went back into battery slowly, was sub minor, or would have more recoil than the 9mm load i use.  I tried different recoil spring weights, different powders, different charges.  Just didnt seem worth the hassle and time honestly.  Im sure others can get it to work fine for them

Doing it wrong

6 hours ago, gavagai said:

I've been reflecting on this, and I have to say the attention to detail implies a certain degree of commitment to competition shooting by Sig that I've been very skeptical of up to now (man, is that setting myself up for ridicule). This is not a "slap a fiber optic up front and call it a USPSA model" kind of commitment. It's not just a boutique X5 gun. This looks like the gun the shooting team might have imagined and lobbied for. Bull barrel, grip weights, 140mm mags, detachable magwell, long slide with lightning cut. I mean this looks like a cold, hard USPSA build checklist. I'm trying to think of a feature I would add, and assuming the trigger is good, I'm coming up blank (extended mag release?).

It's hard to imagine this happening without Bruce Gray and the rest of the team, so my hat is off to them. If you believe in Sig's reliability and accuracy (my 226 has proven that to me) then this removes almost every other objection you could have. There's the bore axis trope, and it's not as heavy as a Shadow 2, but what else Is there to stop you? My checkbook felt neglected a few weeks ago, but right now it's got that lovin' feeling.

My problem is they are just showing us what we want to see and never delivering. They use competitive shooting as a marking gimmick athe his point. 

It's like the Fisker Karma. They touted they thing out at the NAIAS every year going look at this amazing car, but it never materialized into an attainable consumer product.

2 hours ago, waktasz said:

Doing it wrong

Im sure I was, but it didn't seem worth it to keep dicking around with it.  Is there really much advantage gained in 40 minor?  If I kept at it, I'm sure I could have worked up a good load with the right bullet and powder 

26 minutes ago, R34PER said:

My problem is they are just showing us what we want to see and never delivering. They use competitive shooting as a marking gimmick athe his point. 

It's like the Fisker Karma. They touted they thing out at the NAIAS every year going look at this amazing car, but it never materialized into an attainable consumer product.

Can't argue with that. My comments do presuppose they actually deliver some time in our lifetimes (and this isn't some internet hoax). But to keep teasing at this point would seem counterproductive - the 320 has already had a successful launch, and the team has been disbanded. It seems like we're past the point of diminishing return for BS. I probably would have bought a 320 already if they hadn't touted the Target last year, so who knows - it might even have been a drag on sales for the competition market. I won't btw (buy a FS or RX) if they don't deliver - I was pretty much done with Sig until these latest specs came out but nothing short of delivery will pry $$s from my hand (gleefully though, if they do deliver). Running my 226 in the meantime isn't too much of a hardship.

On the other hand, history is not on my side.

I would say the initial release of the 320 target with the original release date would've been a big marketing mistake.  If the P320 and the P320 target came out too close together it would've killed the FS 320 sales.  I feel now that the SIG team got the 320 out there and sales were made it's time for SIG to release the X5 and get more sales. It's gonna piss a lot of people off wondering why they didn't release it when we saw it.  But other manufactures do somewhat the same thing, usually release it with in a normal time frame though lol.  Springfield played this giant game of guess what we're releasing and it got all this hype for a MSR :(

I wish I wouldn't have seen the target and only heard about it and maybe there'd be more excitement for it, but it's the past and I can only hope the X5 comes out sooner than later.  

I think you underestimate the interest that people have in regular "duty" guns.  The average consumer doesnt gravitate towards expensive, niche guns.

Plus, the average consumer is never going to buy a plastic pistol at a grand when they can get the "duty" version for sub 500 dollars.

23 minutes ago, Magsz said:

I think you underestimate the interest that people have in regular "duty" guns.  The average consumer doesnt gravitate towards expensive, niche guns.

Plus, the average consumer is never going to buy a plastic pistol at a grand when they can get the "duty" version for sub 500 dollars.

Yet there's a market for all these $1000-3000 uber Glocks with fancy cut and coated slides with gold crap everywhere new in the box.