Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Vertical Mount

jellyb

Hello: I just installed a Cheely offset one. I would be interested in what other new ones guys are using also. I have been asked about this a couple of times. The Double Tap one seems like a very stable one since it bolts on both sides of the frame. Keep the info coming. Thanks, Eric

The Double Tap is very good, or if you have the $$$ the Infinity version of the double tap with the hex borg pattern is very cool. :cheers:

I'm using a cheely offset right now, but if I switch it will be to a Double Tap.

Hello: Aren't the the Double Tap and Alex the same mount? SVI looks good but pretty pricey. Serendipity are good until they crack. Thanks, Eric

My serendipity is heavily used for about 15k major 38s rounds now and hasnt cracked yet til now. Otoh I had a double tap that got the threads crossed with one time removing and reinstalling a slideride. Ive heard they upgraded it with a steel nut insert now. With these experiences I now favor the serendipity. Its cheaper, reliable, less screws to worry about, lighter, etc. just dont over tighten the screws. In my set up theres an aluminum plate on top of the plastic mount so the screwheads are bearing against it, not on the plastic mount. Still, I dont over tighten them.

Hello: Aren't the the Double Tap and Alex the same mount? SVI looks good but pretty pricey. Serendipity are good until they crack. Thanks, Eric

Similar but not exactly the same. The alex mount has steel inserts for the screws which I prefer over just cutting a thread into the alloy mount.

Similar but not exactly the same. The alex mount has steel inserts for the screws which I prefer over just cutting a thread into the alloy mount.

• 3 weeks later...