Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New ETS Glock Mags (20% off sale)

Southpaw

Thought you all might be interested in seeing the new ETS Glock mags that just came out about a month ago. They're translucent and are all plastic like the Magpul mags, no metal liner like OEM mags. They're making them in all the same sizes as OEM Glock mags: 26, 19, 17, and 18 (31 round mag), but they're also making a 140mm 22 round mag. These were the ones I was most interested in since that's a huge savings for Limited mags vs. buying a 17 mag plus basepad that usually runs around $40.

I ordered 3 of the 140mm mags from a pre-sale they were having a month or two ago. I've only had the chance to put a few rounds through each, but they've fed fine so far. I've noticed that they don't always drop free when empty and they were very tight in some of my mag pouches. Also they hold one round less than my OEM mags plus TTI extensions, but for the price they're still a great deal.

They're having a 20% off sale now through Monday, Jan 4th, for everything on their website (http://www.etsgroup.us) with code "AR15.com". I've also heard good things about their AR-15 mags (I have a few, but haven't tested them yet), but you can find those cheaper from other sites even with the 20% off sale.

ETS is coming out with .40 mags soon; hopefully they'll also make those in 140mm.

noBmzGD.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first got them they didn't always drop free when empty with the slide locked back. I just tried the 3 I have again and now they're all dropping free every time. They might have just needed to break in a bit. When empty with the slide locked back they don't fall free with too much force since they're so light weight. But if they do hang up a tiny bit you can just give the gun a little shake and they'll fall out; I sometimes have to do that with regular Glock mags anyway. It's not like you have to rip them out with your weak hand or anything.

When fully loaded with 22 rounds they do swell a bit so that they don't drop free (here you would have to rip them out). Once downloaded one or two rounds they'll drop free though and when partially loaded they'll always drop free since they have the additional weight of a few rounds in them.

I probably should have tested the mags more before posting that "review". I really just wanted to let everyone know about the sale going on now and to let everyone know that these mags exist since I haven't seen anything about them yet on the forum. :)

I just saw that ETS said the .40 mags aren't ready yet, but once they are there will be another discount available for those. They post over on ar15.com, they have a sub-forum in the Industry section where they'll post the code once it's available, and I can post it here as well.

Cool! Just ordered a 140mm for under $25 shipped. This will go great with my new g34

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just one?! :P

Edited by Southpaw

When I first got them they didn't always drop free when empty with the slide locked back. I just tried the 3 I have again and now they're all dropping free every time. They might have just needed to break in a bit. When empty with the slide locked back they don't fall free with too much force since they're so light weight. But if they do hang up a tiny bit you can just give the gun a little shake and they'll fall out; I sometimes have to do that with regular Glock mags anyway. It's not like you have to rip them out with your weak hand or anything.

When fully loaded with 22 rounds they do swell a bit so that they don't drop free (here you would have to rip them out). Once downloaded one or two rounds they'll drop free though and when partially loaded they'll always drop free since they have the additional weight of a few rounds in them.

I probably should have tested the mags more before posting that "review". I really just wanted to let everyone know about the sale going on now and to let everyone know that these mags exist since I haven't seen anything about them yet on the forum. :)

I just saw that ETS said the .40 mags aren't ready yet, but once they are there will be another discount available for those. They post over on ar15.com, they have a sub-forum in the Industry section where they'll post the code once it's available, and I can post it here as well.

Cool! Just ordered a 140mm for under $25 shipped. This will go great with my new g34

Just one?! :P

I wanted to make sure they work before I stock up!

I asked ETS and OEM springs will work in their mags (OEM followers aren't compatible FYI). So you could put a TTI or other extended base pad on the 140mm ETS mags for Open, not sure how may rounds that'd hold. You'd need an extended spring, maybe cut down the spring from a G18 33rd mag or the ETS 31rd mag.

I got the 140mm one I ordered in today. I'm really disappointed. The follower hangs up on the lips of the magazine and the follower is crooked. I'm going to be sending it back. I may try it tomorrow just to see if it even functions.

I bought a couple Glock magpul magazines and they seem much better out of the box. Sadly they don't offer anything above 17 rounders.

Edited by fireman1776

I got the 140mm one I ordered in today. I'm really disappointed. The follower hangs up on the lips of the magazine and the follower is crooked. I'm going to be sending it back. I may try it tomorrow just to see if it even functions.

I bought a couple Glock magpul magazines and they seem much better out of the box. Sadly they don't offer anything above 17 rounders.

Just sent you a PM. Sorry to hear about the issues; that's the first I've heard of issues like that with the ETS mags. I ordered more of various sizes during this sale; I hope all mine work!

I also just received a few Magpul mags to compare, Primary Arms had them on sale for $12 so I ordered a few.

Hey Southpaw, not trying to be rude but do you work for or have an affiliation with this company? You seem pretty passionate.

Nope no affiliation. There was no talk of them yet on this forum so I figured I'd spread the word and wanted to let everyone know about the sale in case anyone was interested.

I do think it's pretty nice how they considered us competition shooters and made the 140mm mag so I think it's good to show some support and let them know we do appreciate it.

Update: I took them to the range. I put 21 rounds in them and let them sit and that seemed to fix the issue of the follower coming all the way out. I cannot physically get 22 rounds in them. It makes me wonder if somehow the spring is too long and that's what was causing the follower to be pushed out. I ran about 4 full mags and another 10 mags of 5 rounds and never had a malfunction.

However, I had the swelling issue. The mags will not fall free with 21 rounds. In fact they wouldn't fall free 100% until I had 16 rounds. That's less than the oem and less than the magpul mags. I'm not sure how much of an issue that is. I suppose it's something you'll have to decide on.

Wish I'd known about this code. Just got mine Friday and used them in 3 gun this weekend. No problems and holds 22 rounds. I have always hated mag extensions and wanted someone to finally make a one piece option. If this keeps up next month I'll be selling all my extensions off.