Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Decision Time... Trubor or Czechmate? Opinions Requested!

scottrallye

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like either the mag release or the racker are on the wrong side, you a lefty?

No. The slide on the CM is so low profile and I run my grip up high enough (thumb on top of safety, like a 2011, just less room from the top of slide to top of safety on a CZ) that running it on the left side of the slide would take the skin right off (which I experienced with someone elses CM when I shot it). I have hulk hands too, which doesn't help. I'll end up getting and angled racker for it soon to run on the left side, but for now I'm running it on the right side by choice... deliberately, so it's not really the "wrong" side even if it wouldn't be my first preference. :P It actually hasn't been an issue at all so far. I've only had to use it when making ready at this point as I've had 100% reliability so far, but it only takes a slight canting of the gun to work the racker as it is. I'll probably end up putting an EGW Sidewinder on it.

A slide racker on the right for a right handed = time lost. Make it work.

"I'll end up getting and angled racker for it soon".

"I'll probably end up putting an EWG Sidewinder on it."

Don't worry, I'll "make it work". [emoji95] [emoji379]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Czechmate and love it. It feels the same as a Tactical Sport but is not the same gun. It is a much improved TS. However, what is the same is the feel of the gun in your hand. Your natural point will stay the same so there will be a much shallower learning curve. In my opinion you should get the Czechmate and use it as long as you are doing well and advancing with it. Then you can decide to either get another one (or their latest version of the CM) or get something else. Then you can sell you CM to help fund whatever option you transition to. My feeling is that you will be happy with the CM for a long time. It will definitely not hold you back.

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to leave a quick update: My CM has been incredible. I'm about 1,500 rounds through it and zero malfunctions of the gun. Switched to an 11lb recoil spring, but that's it. Shot my first real match with it on Saturday and shot an A classifier (I'm classified B in Limited) and earned my first overall match win... by 12%. I love this gun, and shooting Open!! Thanks again for everyone's feedback!

20160110_204347_zpsdkh9oe0q.jpg

Wanted to leave a quick update: My CM has been incredible. I'm about 1,500 rounds through it and zero malfunctions of the gun. Switched to an 11lb recoil spring, but that's it. Shot my first real match with it on Saturday and shot an A classifier (I'm classified B in Limited) and earned my first overall match win... by 12%. I love this gun, and shooting Open!! Thanks again for everyone's feedback!

What kind of base pad is that for your magazine?

What kind of base pad is that for your magazine?

Sorry, "only" the 11lb spring wasn't accurate... I have CZ Custom base pads on the normal 140mm mags, and a CZC aluminum pad for the 170mm magazine. That's also the CZ UB "large hand/long finger" aluminum trigger. There is a CZC extended safety on the other side of the gun. That's the list of mods.