Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell us about a reloading tool you wished somebody made

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A "brass prep center" basically a very simple press designed only for case prep auto indexing case feeder Dillion rp 1500 and primer pocket swager at a price that makes sense for people who don't own a 1050

Edited by Smeeg

It probably can't be done for saftey reasons but if we're dreaming a fully automatic primer filler essentially a rf100 that sits on top of the press with a cut off switch just dump In the primers like a case feeder.

A "brass prep center" basically a very simple press designed only for case prep auto indexing case feeder Dillion rp 1500 and primer pocket swager at a price that makes sense for people who don't own a 1050

I like this. Kind of like a 2 station auto indexer for rifle brass. I could envision it being manually fed with the right hand, handle operated with left hand so no need for brass feeder, and ejecting into a bucket on the left side. Of course I'm left handed, lol...

I like this. Kind of like a 2 station auto indexer for rifle brass. I could envision it being manually fed with the right hand, handle operated with left hand so no need for brass feeder, and ejecting into a bucket on the left side. Of course I'm left handed, lol...
It would need to deprime also maybe 3 stage make it be able to use Dillon case feeder so you could use your existing one to keep price down

It would need to deprime also maybe 3 stage make it be able to use Dillon case feeder so you could use your existing one to keep price down

Deprime while sizing so 3rd not necessary. Not that I'm opposed to 3, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. I guess a trim me could go in a 3rd station... Price would be rising now... Wonder if this could be accomplished with an SDB or modified SDB?

Edited by jkrispies

A bullet feeder that would:

> Use the current bullet seating stage and die in the 650

> Work with cast bullets, coated bullets or jacketed bullets regardless of shape

> Provide adapters for various calibers

> Cost under $400

I've thought of the same thing, a mini 1050, only 4 stages, deprime/partial size, swedge, trim/final size and neck size.

fully automatic primer filler

+1. Or pre-filled 100 primer tubes, from the factory.

(I know, it can't be done - but, dreaming .... :cheers:

Try a Frankfort Arsenal Vibra Prime. I loaded exactly one Dillon primer tube and determined there had to be a better way.

Enter the Vibra Prime. Some hate some love it. Not so good with Win primers, but everything else, CCi, S&B it's super.

I can load 100 primers into a feed tube in under 20 seconds all day long.

WIth shaking to get all primers oriented correctly, assembly of Vibra Prime, inserting primer tube, and loading tube, I can load 5 tubes (500 primers) in about 5 minutes total.

Edited by Jimk60

Oh , I like this..Put your powder on the table ,Primers next to it , Cases in the hopper, Bullets in the supplied Hopper..

Dial into the supplied counter.. Leave the room , press the remote and out come a thousand perfect 9mm Major rounds....

I'm in ...

hi echotango,

here on this forum there have been a few posts about the dust the vibraprime causes

and that may be the reason for the primer tube explosions. (the dust)

do you clean the tubes?

In any case, I think this is the reason for the primer loading alternative.

I would like to toss the primers in a hopper and have them presented much like the casefeeder.

I might hiss at the price for such a device, however.

miranda

RCBS does make that that already, called a Lube Die. It is a hollow bodied decapping die with different sized felt inserts that are saturated with lube so you decap and lube before sizing. They came out with this when they started doing their progressive presses.

Neal in AZ

Edited by Intel6

hi echotango,

here on this forum there have been a few posts about the dust the vibraprime causes

and that may be the reason for the primer tube explosions. (the dust)

do you clean the tubes?

In any case, I think this is the reason for the primer loading alternative.

I would like to toss the primers in a hopper and have them presented much like the casefeeder.

I might hiss at the price for such a device, however.

miranda

I wonder how the commercial machines handle the primers, I kinda doubt there are a bunch of guys loading the tubes.