Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm + 8/10 rounds mag extentions (170 mm) for open guns

mikeAZ

I been running Talyor's since the beginning. They are bullet proof, but not so easy to take down and clean. There are many other choices out there now, Arrendondo and Taran Tactical are much easier to take down, but all my gear is still Taylor.

image36057.jpg

I run the Taylors, bullet proof, not easy to clean, but being Glocks I don't seem to have to clean them very often. Once in a great while if I drop it in a pile of fine dust/sand, otherwise every time I pull them apart just to check the are good. I have 3 170's and 3-140's. Fit several different magwells that we run on different Glocks.

gerritm

The TF +10's are kinda the only option. I had some very bad experiences with these. Cracked 3 from dropping on concrete floors. They go on sale at midway every once in a while.

It might be worth it to try and cut down some 33's. You will be able to get 29 reloadable vs the 28 not so reloadable from the TF's.

I finally drilled .250" diameter holes in the bottom of extension. Now I just push the follower in blow thru the hole with air compressor. It's usually sand that jams them up.

You drilled holes in the bottom of the mag? That seems counter productive.

Edited by Maximis228

I finally drilled .250" diameter holes in the bottom of extension. Now I just push the follower in blow thru the hole with air compressor. It's usually sand that jams them up.

Actually it works quite well. The Taylors do not come apart quickly, so when I drop a mag in the sand just so, it's so easy to just shake it out.

image37148.jpg

Actually it works quite well. The Taylors do not come apart quickly, so when I drop a mag in the sand just so, it's so easy to just shake it out.

image37148.jpg

It seems like you are just guaranteeing that you get debris inside every time you drop a mag now.

loaded some MG 124g @ 1.157-1.16 and had issues with them getting stuck in the TF section. had to spend a few min. with a dremel to clearance it. Works good just racking rounds through the gun manually, will have to get it to the range and test it out.