Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

getting sick before a match

shakman

I've been looking forward to the Walking Dead match for the past few month. I've spent time getting my gear ready, getting some extra "stuff" to shoot at night, etc, etc.

....and then, Mother Nature blows in 2 days before the match with some allergen which my body vehemently detests. 2 sleepless nights and about a cubic butt-ton of snot later, I'm sitting here contemplating if spending a night outside in the cool Texas air would be a good tactical move to make.

Lousy, this is.

did that at the Area 7 match a few years back had the Craziest Flu the night before the match. shot thru it and drank a lot of Gatorade it was one of the best matches I shot in my life.

Edited by ogiebb

Had it happen to me just before the Pro-Am this year. Felt it coming on during a charity match a few days before I left. Started with a cough and some sniffles. Progressed into body aches and sinus congestion. Fought a sinus infection in the July Florida heat and humidity. Felt like hell but, wasn't going to skip it. Loaded up on antibiotics and decongestants (non-drowsy of course) and gave it hell.

two month ago at a IDPA match, I started to feel a kidney stone as it was passing into my bladder. by stage 2, I called it quites headed home and passed it a couple hours latter. about 4 hours of good old pain.

Edited by JohnRodriguez

• 3 weeks later...