Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lost equipment at the US Nationals

runandgun

I had the misfortune of leaving my LH ghost holster, safariland belt and 3 pouches c/w 150 rds of supercomp in 3 ammo boxes in a black bag in the parking lot at Universal rangeon Saturday. After somewhat of a time delay, I discovered that the equipment was never turned in to be claimed.

I have ordered new equipment due to my mistake, but for someone not to turn in the found equipment is inexcusable. I guess not everyone in USPSA is honest.

ummm. There were guns stolen out of cars in the parking lot at nationals.

Now THAT really pis..s me off. :angry2:

What type of people are we importing into USPSA lately? :ph34r:

I really doubt it was the shooters. It would be very easy to show up and walk the parking lot looking for unlocked cars there. I know Manny was selling raffle tickets to give case to a shooter who had their stuff stolen.

Two guns stolen at the Indiana sectional as well. USPSA is just like every other aspect of life as there are indeed some shitty people in the game.

The VAST majority are awesome folks but not all.

At the Bianchi Cup we have had cars broken into in the hotel parking lot a few times. (We think) it was people looking for cars with gun related stickers on them. We take everything in at night, but some people lost a lot of stuff.

Two guns stolen at the Indiana sectional as well. USPSA is just like every other aspect of life as there are indeed some shitty people in the game.

The VAST majority are awesome folks but not all.

A foreign shooters guns none the less.
Indeed! I felt so sorry for them. That had to be an ordeal at the border. ugh...

While you can "Hope" for someone to turn in the items that you left behind there is no reason to have high expectations of it happening. If it gets turned in, bonus. If it does not, then the lesson of keeping track of your own stuff SHOULD be learned so it does not happen again.

There were several cars broken into at the nationals and I highly doubt that it was done by shooters attending the match. Any scumbag within 50 miles of the range can easily look up the match schedule and prey upon shooters who happen to leave their cars unlocked or a range bag sitting in plain view filled with thousands of dollars in guns, mags, etc. The same goes for shooters who go to dinner after the match and leave their shooting gear in plain sight thinking that locking the doors of the car will be "Good Enough" to keep it safe. Or the shooters who are too lazy to haul ALL of their shooting gear into their hotel at night and wonder why their car plastered with shooting bumper stickers got broken into.

As much as we would all hope that the shooting community is filled with perfect people and we all have each others back, that is not reality. In any group of people brought together by similar interests there will always be a small subset of dead beats and scumbags. If you let your guard down and others take advantage of it the only person you can really blame is yourself. If you make yourself a harder "Target" to exploit the changes of getting exploited will be reduced. These are the facts of life regardless of what you are doing.