Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

limited holster

dervin

Hello: I have some friends that use a Blade Tech DOH for there limited guns. They can draw them just as fast as a full race holster. They like that they are more secure and protect the gun better as well. They also shoot 3-gun so one holster for both games. I am using a Blade Tech right now for my 6" limited gun with a Invictus hanger and a TecLoc mount. Seems to work just as well as my DAA magnetic for me. I had an old Gugas and it just did not work very well. I think Todd still uses a Blackhawk holster and he can draw very fast out of it. I think with practice the enclosed holsters can be just as fast. Full race holsters do show off the guns better though. Thanks, Eric

I agree with Eric about speed of draw. I can draw my 1911s from Sig or Blackhawk holsters just as fast as I can my limited gun from the DAA RaceMaster. However, there is a huge difference in adjustability between a BladeTeck DOH and the DAA. There is simply no comparison, even if you put the Kydex holster on a BOSS mount.

I only have experience with the BladeTeck DOH for my Tactical Sport. It was from what they used to call their Competition 1 series. I forget the new name. Anyway, the slide is only enclosed at the front sight so you can draw faster. With the big, heavy TS it flopped around a lot when you walked. I was afraid it would fall out in a match, so I never used it. I went with the DAA RM Magnetic instead. I have zero complaints about security. I don't use a muzzle rest either. But you may consider trying one.

Hello: I will be trying the Safariland USPSA Kit mount on my Blade Tech DOH next. I did have to make a mounting plate to adapt to the Safariland mount. A used a 1/8" thick aluminum plate, drilled 4 holes for the Blade Tech and drilled and tapped 2 for the mount. The mount uses a ball so any position is possible and a rail for up and down movement. I do not like the Blade Tech Ice since it does not hold the gun that well. Others have said the same thing. Thanks, Eric

Used my USPSA mount kit on a Safariland Custom fit holster over the weekend just gone, you're right Racer it put's the holster in any position you may want. Being the mount from the 014 Safariland race holster it's very adjustable.

I have tried the DAA PDR pro kydex that has their version of a race hanger but doesn't seem as adjustable as the Safariland.

http://www.doublealpha.biz/pdr-pro

Edited by terrydoc

Hello: I will be trying the Safariland USPSA Kit mount on my Blade Tech DOH next. I did have to make a mounting plate to adapt to the Safariland mount. A used a 1/8" thick aluminum plate, drilled 4 holes for the Blade Tech and drilled and tapped 2 for the mount. The mount uses a ball so any position is possible and a rail for up and down movement. I do not like the Blade Tech Ice since it does not hold the gun that well. Others have said the same thing. Thanks, Eric

I used the Safariland uspsa kit with their 5197&5198 holsters as well as an adapted blade tech.

I just picked up the DAA racemaster, they are fairly close as far as adjustibuility,.. The DAA is a bit more comfortable.

I feel more secure with the uspsa kit on the run (it is secure fit and no lever/lock to miss). If you are going to be moving with it holstered a lot or using it for 3gun as well, its a great combo.

It can be adjusted for production also.

• 2 weeks later...