Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Attention shooters registered for the Match. I'm trying to get Carry Optics added to the match. The MD, Peter Oliver, said if I could provide the names of 10 people that are registered for the match and would switch to shoot CO if it was offered then he will add the division. I must provide the names to him by 21 March 2016 though. So if you'd be willing to switch divisions or know someone that would please have them contact me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are all curious and want to see the stages. I'm sure the powers will get em up soon, or will do what they fill is best for the match. Looks close to 550 shooters. That's a large number of shooters.

I was glad to see that enough revolver competitors were participating to see the division recognized for awards. With 500+ entrant slots I was hoping to see more than 12 though. Fun will be had nonetheless. :P

Since they posted that they will not be printing the stages or match books, I hope that they publish a PDF with that information soon.

545 Shooters competing in the match and hopefully good weather to greet them. :D

Likewise on Friday. Can't wait.

If you happen to notice a couple of guys stumbling around who look kind of Canadian, please say hello. It's always great to put faces to some of the great conversationalist on this site.

Any updates on Stages?? Stages or match book not yet available on match website......

Did you not buy the premium membership to the A6 website? It's all there...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Edited by wtturn

R.Elliott: I am originally from Toronto Canada. I will be wearing my plaid shorts and I am on squad 22. Thanks, Eric

Very cool. Squad 14. I'll be wearing something that says "Ontario" on it.

Hello: I thought you'd be wearing a Roots shirt and drinking a Tim Horton's coffee. Thanks, Eric

A secret? I doubt it. Its more likely laziness.

As shooters, not having the stages or match book posted in a timely fashion is a nagging issue but not critical.

But from a match sponsor perspective the longer the delay in posting the stages and match book means lost marketing time and thus lost value in sponsoring the event. If I was a sponsor of this match I would not be happy about the match staff screwing around and not getting proper marketing exposure because the stages and match book have still not been posted and we are only a couple weeks out from the start of the match.

This isn't rocket science and there is no valid reason why the stages and match book can't be posted several month in advance of the event.

Edited by CHA-LEE

Since the match book will not be printed for distribution I was hoping that they would be posted as soon as the approval of the stages were received. I am eager to see the basic idea of the stages and get an idea how challenging that they will be. Being my first time shooting an area match, I am excited to participate in it. I hope that I did not choose poorly by shooting the match in one day, instead of splitting it between two.

I'll be in squad 21 on Friday, and look forward to being on a great squad of shooters (most of whom I have never met :) ).

As shooters, not having the stages or match book posted in a timely fashion is a nagging issue but not critical.

But from a match sponsor perspective the longer the delay in posting the stages and match book means lost marketing time and thus lost value in sponsoring the event. If I was a sponsor of this match I would not be happy about the match staff screwing around and not getting proper marketing exposure because the stages and match book have still not been posted and we are only a couple weeks out from the start of the match.

This isn't rocket science and there is no valid reason why the stages and match book can't be posted several month in advance of the event.

With all due respect, you're talking out of your nether regions.

With all due respect, you're talking out of your nether regions.

Interesting comment. How many Major Matches have you run as an MD? How many Major Matches to do you attend every year?

If you have run or attended any decent amount of Major Matches you would know what is expected if the match staff is doing their job properly.

Edited by CHA-LEE

I'll remind everyone of the fiasco at last year's area 6 where stages got posted, some other club ran a baby area 6 match and staff had to scramble to make new stages last minute after the uproar. Wouldn't surprise me if stages get posted the Sunday night before the match this year.

I'll remind everyone of the fiasco at last year's area 6 where stages got posted, some other club ran a baby area 6 match and staff had to scramble to make new stages last minute after the uproar. Wouldn't surprise me if stages get posted the Sunday night before the match this year.

While I see the reasonable concern about this, I would hope that it would not be the case this year. I am just eager to see the stages for this year and try to wrap my head around what I am going to be dealing with.

It sounded to me from what was said on the facebook page that the stages would be released soon after they were approved by the powers that be.

Edited by Blueridge