Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha thick grips vs VZ grips

bthoefer

I don't have shooting experience with the VZ grips but have handled them on other's guns. I run the DAA thick grips on my shadows and the one thing that I prefer over the other options (factory rubber and plastic, CZC thin, etc.) is the width/thinckness continues thru the rear of the grip. There are other grips that measure wider than the DAA but taper as it gets close to the heal of the grip. In my opinion, the DAA thick fills my hands and gives me enough area for my support hand.

I've tried both VZ and DAA thick as well as Tyc-model thick aluminum (with tape) from CZ and several wood grips. In my opinion these beat all of them; put small strips of grip tape at the top and bottom, let your hands get used to them, and your good to go:

http://www.shootingsportsinnovations.com/CZ-SCALES-BLACK-CZBLK001.htm

PS: if anyone wants a Shark Fin (same company) for 2011, let me know. Great part but my hands are too big to make a good fit.

The only beef I have with the DAA grips is that they're flatter than the concavity of a flexed palm . The contour of the factory rubber grip is the style I prefer for Shadows. But they're ideal for grip taping.

The only beef I have with the DAA grips is that they're flatter than the concavity of a flexed palm . The contour of the factory rubber grip is the style I prefer for Shadows. But they're ideal for grip taping.

Does anybody make a contoured thick aluminum grip? I too prefer the palm swells of the OEM rubber to the flat aluminum grips and have gorilla hands.